none
Workflow status is missing from the List after make some change in workflow

Question

• Hi,

We have this strange situation where the workflow status is missing from List views. Here is the situation:

Now if I check the All List view of this list, I can see these workflows that shows the status of the workflow - say "In progress", "Completed" etc.

When i make some workflow modification and after i save and publish. The workflow status in List will missing.

This issue happening  is intermittent.

Why does this happen?

Any workaround/findings for the above scenario are much appreciated.

Thanks

JWei

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:48 AM

Answers

• Hi JamesJwei,

How manny lookup columns did you have in the probelmatic list?

Please try to  increase the lookup threshold for that web application in Central Administration.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 18, 2014 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi JWei,

The workflow status column gets created when you first create the workflow and its first instance runs. The columns gets removed (and disappears from the view) if you delete the workflow or remove all instances of the wf on the list.

Please check whether you created some lookup columns in this list. If yes, please increase the lookup threshold for that web application in Central Administration.

Please create a new view which only contains the Title column and Workflow Status column, modify the workflow, check the workflow status column in the new view, compare the result.

Please create a new list, create a workflow, and test again, compare the result.

Please check if the link below is useful for you:

http://naimmurati.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/workflow-progress-column-missing-in-a-document-library/

Best Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Li

Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:34 AM
  • I am using the SharePoint 2010. I did not delete the workflow or remove all instances of the wf on the list. I just edit some contents in the workflow such as email contents or change task approvers and the status is cleared out for the old forms once I publish the change. So what kind of change will trigger clearing the form status and what kind of change won't?
    Friday, August 15, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Hi JamesJwei,

How manny lookup columns did you have in the probelmatic list?

Please try to  increase the lookup threshold for that web application in Central Administration.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Li

Monday, August 18, 2014 9:21 AM
  • Hi James,

Do you have any update?

Best Regards,

Wendy

Wendy Li

Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:37 AM