none
Outlook 2010 Calendar Conditional Formating doesn't work consistently???

Question

• I have a real simple desire, and appointment that has "Appointment Information" contained in the subject should use the color "red"....

AI can get it to work, sort of.... Not everything on the page displays correctly...things back a week or so (Month view) are using an old rule/view/format and don't want to update...

I went to View Settings, Conditional Formatting, Add (gave it a name and chose a color) went to Conditin Search for Word(s) "Application, Information" I tried just "application" and w/wo the comma, in subject field, OK, OK...

Nothing changed !

Last weeks appointments are still in the wrong color....

I tired using the ADVANCED tab...same view resulted.

Tried re-starting outlook after making changes... no change.

H E L P....this seems so simple....

Conditional formating of EMAIL works fine, but not Calendar stuff...

Bob Sisson

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVPMVP Thursday, April 28, 2011 6:02 AM outlook-specific (From:General Office Development)
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I finish read you post, I feel it seems more than an end-user issues. Would you please clarify whether you’d like to develop a Outlook add-in to handle your issue via Visual Studio? And you’re able to post it in the http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/outlook for better support if you don’t want to create a Visual Studio project to handle it.

I hope it can help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 29, 2011 5:45 AM