none
updating lookup column of a infopath library depending on sharepoint list

Question

• Hi,

i have a list in sharepoint 2010 say  "list1" and i have a document library in infopath 2010.  

one column of the document library is a Look up column which gets value from list1.

now suppose if i edit the column in list1(which is the looked up by the document library), the change is not reflected in infopath document library. pls help frens

what should i do so that the look up column of the library reflects the edited (or) changed value in the list1.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I tried and was not able to reproduce this issue. I created a Custom List "LookupSource" and created 5 items in it. I created Forms Library "InfoForms". Created a new Lookup column which will lookup from the "LookupSource" list's Title column. I uploaded 5 forms in it and assigned them unique values from "LookupSource". Now I updated the values in "LookupSource" and confirmed it was correctly reflected to "InfoForms".

1) Can you let us know the exact steps you followed to reproduce this issue?
    2) Can you create a new list and new library under same site for test purpose and confirm if the issue occurs? If the issue occurs try creating under different site and check.

Quist Zhang: Please move this to "SharePoint 2010 - General Discussions and Questions" forum.

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi krishnamurthy mathivanan,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll involve some experts who are more familiar with your issue. This may take some time.

Thank you for your patient and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:29 AM
  • hey thanks for showing interest in helping ......if i get the answer it would be great...waiting for ur reply

Thursday, December 06, 2012 4:20 AM
  • Hello,

I tried and was not able to reproduce this issue. I created a Custom List "LookupSource" and created 5 items in it. I created Forms Library "InfoForms". Created a new Lookup column which will lookup from the "LookupSource" list's Title column. I uploaded 5 forms in it and assigned them unique values from "LookupSource". Now I updated the values in "LookupSource" and confirmed it was correctly reflected to "InfoForms".

1) Can you let us know the exact steps you followed to reproduce this issue?
    2) Can you create a new list and new library under same site for test purpose and confirm if the issue occurs? If the issue occurs try creating under different site and check.

Quist Zhang: Please move this to "SharePoint 2010 - General Discussions and Questions" forum.

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:31 AM