none
Reserved error (-1517) there is no message for this error

Question

• I got this error running a query. This query has been running fine for several weeks and I have made no changes to it. I copied the SQL to another new query and the new query worked. I then deleted the original query and renamed the new query to the old name and it now works. Any idea what could have caused this? I did run a compact and repair recently and I may have previously had to have my session cancelled when some logic was looping. I'm just concerned my database may be damaged, even though now it seems to be functioning fine. Access 2003.
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 6:05 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply and the link but that was not my issue since simply copying the query to another query solved the problem.
    Monday, June 18, 2012 3:21 PM

All replies

• hmm, disable Name AutoCorrect (File / Options) and retry.
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 8:20 PM
  • That option is not and has never been checked for this database.
    Monday, June 11, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Hi AllTheGoodNamesWereTaken,

Welcome to the MSDN forum!

Please check this link:

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/reservederror1517.htm 

"The error is because a column ID is not valid in a linked table. Try deleting and recreating the links, or alternately making sure both front and backends are compacted.

You can probably avoid compacting by deleting and recreating table links in many cases; this will clear cached info, obviously (since it is cached in the link)."

Hope it helps.

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:40 AM
  • Thanks for the reply and the link but that was not my issue since simply copying the query to another query solved the problem.
    Monday, June 18, 2012 3:21 PM