none
Access 2007/2010 Security Warning

Question

• Problem: We have application created in MS Acces 2003(vba) , Now We want to make it available in MS Access 2007/2010. This application is opening in  MS Access 2007/2010 but it displays some security warning ." Enable Content" , Now after adding file to trusted location it opens with out any warning.

We want to automate this process means we donot want to add this folder in trusted location manually.

We want some code in VBA OR in C#.

Early response will be appreciated.

Thanks

eStore

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:34 AM

All replies

• Suggest for you to search the internet for "VBA code signing certificate". Cryptographically signing your code might help, especially if you have corporate administrative control over the security settings within Access... But if you have this kind of administrative control, perhaps there is some way to centrally configure the Access Trusted Location settings (the solution you are asking for)... I don't know how to do this.

Matthew Slyman M.A. (Camb.)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:20 AM
  • It's simply a registry entry (see, for example, http://www.accessjunkie.com/Pages/faq_33.aspx), so I'm pretty sure it can be set through GPOs. Unfortunately, I'm not an expert on GPOs.

Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele (no e-mails, please!)
    Co-author Access Solutions — Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs (ISBN 978-0-470-59168-0)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:32 AM
  • +1 to Douglas.

It's registry keys under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Access\Security\Trusted Locations, you may add the trusted location manually and export corresponding registry entry as a reg file. 

If you're in domain environment, you can specify domain computers execute script when logon.  Open Local Group Policy Editor of domain controller, it's in Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon. Run these programs at user logon.

best regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:33 AM