none
Can't create database from SourceSafe in Access2010 (NoSaveCTIWhenDisabled)

Question

• Hello everyone!
    I'm looking for the way to create database from SourceSafe using Access2010.

When I create database from SourceSafe, Access2010 show error messages below.

Microsoft Access encountered errors while importing XXXXX.
    For more detailed error information, see the file xxxx.

Microsoft Access encountered an error while importing the object 'XXXXXXX.
    Error encountered at line 85.
    This property does not apply to this control.

Line 85 in ACF file
        NoSaveCTIWhenDisabled =1 

I tried same on Access2007 and created database normally.
    No "NoSaveCTIWhenDisabled" property in ACF files on Access2007 + VSS.

How can I create database in Access2010?
    Should I remove this line from all ACF files one by one?
    And what is "NoSaveCTIWhenDisabled" property? (I couldn't find on Google/Bing.)
    (Original MDB is Access2003 format. and I also checked KB927680 but nothing changed.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Shigeru

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:45 AM

Answers

• I don't know about you, but for me creating a new SS database is a rare enough occurrence that I don't mind using the SourceSafe Administrator program.

If you are using Automation, it should not matter which client app you are using.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Bessie Zhao Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, November 19, 2010 8:31 AM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:10 AM

All replies

• I don't know about you, but for me creating a new SS database is a rare enough occurrence that I don't mind using the SourceSafe Administrator program.

If you are using Automation, it should not matter which client app you are using.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Bessie Zhao Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Friday, November 19, 2010 8:31 AM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:10 AM
  • Did you ever find out what NoSaveCTIWhenDisabled property is? I' having the same problem.
    Thanks,
    Friday, December 10, 2010 10:29 PM
  • You could try creating the db from SourceSafe with Access 2007. Check out all objects. Open the db with Access 2010, and check that everything looks ok. Compile, test forms and reports etc. Then check everything back into SourceSafe from Access 2010.

You might want to take an archive copy of your SourceSafe project first, in case there are problems checking the problematic object back in.

Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:18 AM
  • Pretty funny that I wrote the last suggestion above, before trying it myself. I'm in the process of upgrading an Access 2007 source-controlled application to Access 2010. I created the db from Sourcesafe using Access 2010. No problem. I checked everything out, compiled, tested, etc. Fixed a few issues. Checked everything back in, all using Access 2010.

Now I get the same error trying to create a new db from SourceSafe. It worked fine the first time, when Access 2010 had not yet touched the SourceSafe code, but after checking things back in, I get the error about no such property on the line NoSaveCTIWhenDisabled = 1 in 10 reports and subreports.

Any ideas?

Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:14 PM
  • OK, I can provide a solution that worked for me. First, I am not so sure the error is really in the line NoSaveCTIWhenDisabled, because I found that same line in the code for reports that did import successfully. It might have been an issue with something that preceded that line.

I still had the Access 2010 source-controlled database I had used for testing. I went back to that one and checked out the 10 reports which were failing to import. I made meaningless changes to each one (change a control name and modify a code comment) to force the changes to be saved. After checking them in, I was able to successfully create a new db from SourceSafe using Access 2010.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:45 PM
  • I'm having this same issue -- anyone come up with a solution that doesn't involve having to manually edit these files?
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:03 PM
  • Did you know now how to fix this issue. I'm having a 2003 adp project. I'm open it with Access 2010. As soon as I save a form, the line NoSaveCTIWhenDisabled =1 is saved in the file an source safe is not able anymore to extract the solution!
    Monday, July 04, 2011 10:20 PM
  • I had the same problem with a large Access 2010 database with hundreds of objects and using TFS 2010 for source control.

Here's how I got around the problem:

I created a new Access 2010 database into which I imported all the objects from the original database (fortunately I had a complete copy of it).

I then checked the new database into TFS (source control).

Now I can create a new database from source control without any errors!

I assume it will work the same way with Visual Source Safe.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 2:25 PM