none
How to set up a bell curve chart in Excel 2010

Question

• Without using VBA, how do I create a bell curve chart using a list of numbers in a column? The list is 2416 rows in length. the numbers are whole numbers ranging from 19 to 81. I know how to get the mean and standard deviation but now sure where to go from there. any suggestions?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:30 PM

Answers

• thank you for marking J-Walk's reply as answered while watching the Youtube link that i posted for you.  I literally spoonfed you with the answer and you mark someone else's...

I appreciate it...

Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if the reply helps/directs you toward your solution and or "Mark as Answer" if it solves your question. This will help to contribute to the forum.

• Marked as answer by Drfox59 Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:32 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:27 PM
  • Search Google for excel normal distribution.

As with most Excel questions, the answer is out there already. No need to wait for a new reply.

• Proposed as answer by ryguy72 Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Drfox59 Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:01 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:28 AM

All replies

• Video from Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-K0LQeEexk&feature=related

This is by far the best one.

From MrExcel

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/68925-bell-curve.html

Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if the reply helps/directs you toward your solution and or "Mark as Answer" if it solves your question. This will help to contribute to the forum.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:57 PM
  • Search Google for excel normal distribution.

As with most Excel questions, the answer is out there already. No need to wait for a new reply.

• Marked as answer by Drfox59 Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:01 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:28 AM
  • Thank you J-Walk.

I watched the You-tube video and gave me everything I needed to know.

don

Don Fox

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:02 PM
  • thank you for marking J-Walk's reply as answered while watching the Youtube link that i posted for you.  I literally spoonfed you with the answer and you mark someone else's...

I appreciate it...

• Marked as answer by Drfox59 Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:32 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:27 PM
  • Sorry Csharp,

I happened to pick the You-tube video from among several others after using Google based on J-Walk's reply. I did not mean to deprive you of the satisfaction of the answer. Interesting that the video that I picked was the very one that you had pointed to. Again my apologies.

Don Fox

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:35 PM
  • Hi Csharp,

Actually, when I went back and checked, the video was different from the one that you suggested but gave the same method of creating the chart.  I appreciate your help and that is the important thing.

Don

Don Fox

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:42 PM
  • thank you.

Cheers.

Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:57 AM