none
Infopath Form Service error 5373: An event log to be applied against a form was invalid

Question

• Customer site is SharePoint 2013 Enterprise on-premise using 1 app, 1 web and 1 database server.

Both SharePoint servers are Hyper-V VM machines with each 12 GB of Memory.

Starting last week we notice randomly erros when using browser enabled InfoPath forms.

Form starts normal, but sometimes when switching between views, form seems to loose is view state and starts from the initial beginning, all input is lost. No error message appear in browser, only this "InfoPath Form Service error 5373: An event log to be applied against a form was invalid" is logged in server logs.

The error occurs randomly, after some new invocation of the form the error disapears and the form works as expected. The problem does not occur on one specific form but on all our InfoPath forms.

I can't find anything about this error in the community.

Thanks for any advice.

Andreas

• Edited by discholz Sunday, August 10, 2014 11:39 AM
    Sunday, August 10, 2014 11:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

I changed configuration as mentioned, I moved CA to the physical host and only left search on the application virtual machine.

Unfortunately August is vacation time in Germany so I do not have a lot of People testing the application.

I come back as soon as I have new information.

Thanks.

Andreas

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you got the Infopath Form Service error 5373.

Please check whether you can see any other events logged in proximity to this error, and the forms are working as expected, then you can safely ignore these error messages. 

If you find that forms are experiencing errors in functionality, you might consider opening a support case at http://support.microsoft.com to investigate this issue one-on-one with a support engineer.

Here is a similar thread for your reference:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/325bb776-34a6-425a-80ee-a43cca273e22/event-id-5373-an-event-log-to-be-applied-against-a-form-was-invalid?forum=sharepointcustomizationprevious

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 11, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Hi Linda,

thank you for your reply.

No, I don't have any more error messages and as stated, forms do not work as expected.

I've seen this SharePoint 2010 thread but unfortunately there is no help beyond the safely ignore hint.

The problem is new, forms worked well over the last 6 months, new is, that we divided the farm into app and web server due to performce improvment. Could that be the reason for this error?

KR

Andraes

Monday, August 11, 2014 7:51 AM
  • This is what actually happens:

08/11/2014 09:44:59.94 w3wp.exe (0x31EC) 0x2D5C InfoPath Forms Services Runtime m10i High [Forced due to logging gap, Original Level: Verbose] Firing ViewSwitched event to Listeners. 3b63ad9c-b44b-0040-bc38-b7080dbcf954 
    08/11/2014 09:45:00.00 w3wp.exe (0x31EC) 0x2D5C InfoPath Forms Services Runtime - Business Logic m0ht Information An event log to be applied against a form was invalid. (User: ... ) 
    08/11/2014 09:45:00.00 w3wp.exe (0x31EC) 0x2D5C InfoPath Forms Services Runtime m0pi High [Forced due to logging gap, cached @ 08/11/2014 09:44:59.95, Original Level: Verbose] Event log misatch: Client EventLodID: {0}, Server EventLogID: {1} 3b63ad9c-b44b-0040-bc38-b7080dbcf954 
    08/11/2014 09:45:00.00 w3wp.exe (0x31EC) 0x2D5C InfoPath Forms Services Runtime m06n High [Forced due to logging gap, Original Level: Verbose] XmlForm.PlayEventLog: {0} finished in:{1}. 3b63ad9c-b44b-0040-bc38-b7080dbcf954 

Monday, August 11, 2014 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, Firstly you should confirm the form template  browser- enabled.http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262263(v=office.14).aspx

If you can't find more error message,I think you can use ULS log ,http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/ff463595(v=office.15).aspx

http://sharepointlogviewer.codeplex.com/ .

Paul Shui
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer?on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer?if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Hi Paul,

thank you for your request.

Form template browser is enabled (the error occurs randomly, in other time form runs normal).

In ULS log this is the only logs about this error you can find:

08/11/2014 09:44:59.94 w3wp.exe (0x31EC) 0x2D5C InfoPath Forms Services Runtime m10i High [Forced due to logging gap, Original Level: Verbose] Firing ViewSwitched event to Listeners. 3b63ad9c-b44b-0040-bc38-b7080dbcf954 
    08/11/2014 09:45:00.00 w3wp.exe (0x31EC) 0x2D5C InfoPath Forms Services Runtime - Business Logic m0ht Information An event log to be applied against a form was invalid. (User: ... ) 
    08/11/2014 09:45:00.00 w3wp.exe (0x31EC) 0x2D5C InfoPath Forms Services Runtime m0pi High [Forced due to logging gap, cached @ 08/11/2014 09:44:59.95, Original Level: Verbose] Event log misatch: Client EventLodID: {0}, Server EventLogID: {1} 3b63ad9c-b44b-0040-bc38-b7080dbcf954 
    08/11/2014 09:45:00.00 w3wp.exe (0x31EC) 0x2D5C InfoPath Forms Services Runtime m06n High [Forced due to logging gap, Original Level: Verbose] XmlForm.PlayEventLog: {0} finished in:{1}. 3b63ad9c-b44b-0040-bc38-b7080dbcf954 

KR

Andreas

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 8:42 AM
  • Hi,

For this case, I need to do more research and test. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Paul Shui

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer?on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer?if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:54 AM
  • Hi Paul,

thanks.

Let me know if you need more Information.

KR

Andreas

Friday, August 15, 2014 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

I did the test in my lab, but I can't re-create the issue, so it is strange. Do you have UAT environment? If you have, did the error happen in UAT environment?

Paul Shui

Friday, August 22, 2014 8:37 AM
  • Hi Paul,

what is a UAL Environment?

My environment is:

Physical machine is a Dell Server with 64GB Memory, running Windows 2012 R2, all Software is in German.

On that physcial host runs Exchange Server 2013 and SQL Server 2014 as database Server.

The physical machine hosts 3 virtual machines via Hyper-V:

web: SharePoint web front end

app: SharePoint app Server with central Administration and search

wac: Office Web Apps Server

My feeling is that the problem has to do with the VM machine(s). When the problem occurs, switching between views in the InfoPath form lasts longer than normal, after that form is initialized as if you created a new document.

Form size does not matter, it happens with all my forms (and I have small and large ones).

All forms are by the way administrative templates.

KR

Andreas

Friday, August 22, 2014 9:12 AM
  • Addendum:

The VM machines don't have dynamic memory enabled.

I tried everything with distributed Cache (enabled on both machines, just on the web Server), problem not fixed.

KR

Friday, August 22, 2014 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

UAT environment is just your test environment,because this issue is random, so I want to make sure that this issue can happen in the test environment or not. In addition, the test environment should be the same with Official environment.

Paul Shui

Monday, August 25, 2014 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going on?

Paul Shui

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

in your terms I have a test environment. Deploy to production will be end of year.

I'm just in moving the central admin to the physical server to see if that changes anything.

Come back as soon as I have news.

KR

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

Any good news?

Paul Shui

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:10 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I changed configuration as mentioned, I moved CA to the physical host and only left search on the application virtual machine.

Unfortunately August is vacation time in Germany so I do not have a lot of People testing the application.

I come back as soon as I have new information.

Thanks.

Andreas

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Can we mark your reply as answer temporarily? If you get the news, you can add information on this forums, and we can continue to do this case.

Paul Shui

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:32 AM
  • Hi Paul,

yes, that's ok.

KR

Andreas

DI Scholz Software Engineering

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:56 AM