none
Excel 2010 .xlsm file failes on Excel 2007

Question

• I have Excel 2010,XP SP3. My file has a lot of macros,so i saved it as test.xlsm I tryed to open my file on other pc with excel 2010 and it worked fine,but when i opened this file at excel 2007 at the first all was good,but when i run a macro it failed.The reason: I lost all my groups(In my real file i do have on each sheet like 4-5 groups(each group has like 4-5 textboxes(ActiveXControls))).
    So whats the reason for loosing groups in excel 2007?(Without them my vba fail)
    i saved my file as 97-2003 woorkbook(test.xls) and it works good on excel 2007,but the file size increased from 1.8 MB to 4.5MB
    question is how can i use .xlsm file made in 2010 on excel 2007
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Excel 2010 has added some new features based on Excel 2007, which means that if the macro contains the new feature of 2010 will fail to run under Excel 2007.

Meanwhile, some methods have changed method name in Office 2010. For instance of SaveAs method of Word document: SaveAs changed to SaveAs2

You might want to have a look at what’s new in Excel 2010

Additionally, you can set breakpoint and debug the macro to see in where of the macro cause issues.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:17 AM