none
Format of Word Merge fields to display percentages Office 2007

Question

• I am trying to convert a word merge field brought from excel to word to a percentage. I am using office 2007. I thought I had followed instructions but keep getting a syntax error.

!Syntax Error, {
    My word merge field is called Target Percentage of fund UK

My syntax is { ={MERGEFIELD Target_Percentage_of_fund_UK} * 100 \# "0%"}

I have tried with quotations and spaces in different places but can't see where I am going wrong. There is no help that I can find that might identify why I get the error.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:29 AM

Answers

• /All/ the special field braces { } need to be the sort that you enter using ctrl-F9, not the characters you type on the keyboard. In this case, I would guess that the ones surrounding the MERGEFIELD are the ordinary characters. You should be able to select "MERGEFIELD Target_Percentage_of_fund_UK", press ctrl-F9, then delete the two "ordinary" { and } characters.

Peter Jamieson
    • Marked as answer by SarahLouW Tuesday, December 07, 2010 12:03 PM
    Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:58 AM

All replies

• /All/ the special field braces { } need to be the sort that you enter using ctrl-F9, not the characters you type on the keyboard. In this case, I would guess that the ones surrounding the MERGEFIELD are the ordinary characters. You should be able to select "MERGEFIELD Target_Percentage_of_fund_UK", press ctrl-F9, then delete the two "ordinary" { and } characters.

Peter Jamieson
    • Marked as answer by SarahLouW Tuesday, December 07, 2010 12:03 PM
    Tuesday, December 07, 2010 11:58 AM
  • Thanks Peter. It usually is the obvious stuff that causes the most issues! Sorry to have troubled you.

Sarah

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 12:04 PM