none
SharePoint 2013 approval workflow template missing

Question

• Hi,

Is there any SharePoint 2013 build-in approval workflow template available?

When I try to add a workflow to my list, I can only see "Approval -SharePoint 2010" available in the workflow template.

Thanks,

Bin

Monday, April 22, 2013 9:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Bin,

Other workflows are available out of the box by activating the site collection features associated with them. Browse to the root site of your site collection, click Site Actions, click Site Settings. In the Site Collection Administration category, click Site collection features. Within this menu, you can activate other features such as 'Disposition Approval Workflow' and 'Workflows'.

• Edited by Matthew Gibson Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:03 PM additional information
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:02 PM

• I just activate those features and I got the "Publishing Approval" workflow template now, but those workflow templates are SharePoint 2010 template, do we have any SharePoint 2013 workflow template for approval?

Thanks,

Bin

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:09 PM
  • My apologies Bin, I misread your initial question. The out of the box workflows that ship with SharePoint 2013 are still SharePoint 2010-based workflows. Since SharePoint 2013 uses the Workflow Manager service, you must use SharePoint Designer to create 2013-based workflows. The out of the box approval workflow for 2013 is the same one that was used in 2010.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219638.aspx

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 12:51 PM
  • I'm wondering the same thing.  I have two 2013 environments, the Dev Environment, I has the option to add an Approval Workflow:

But on my Production environment, which I have Workflow Manager, I do  not have that option:

I would like to use the Approval Workflow.

Kim.Williams

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:44 PM
  • to Kim.Williams

may be a little late, but I had the same issue with it. Turned out the Workflows feature was not activated. I was able to get the first screenshot by going to Site Settings > Site Collection Features > Workflows *activate.

Friday, August 08, 2014 4:14 PM