none
How to remove blank values in drop-down list

Question

• I have a form with a drop-down menu populated from a lookup. It works fine, except that there are about 20 empty lines before you get to the populated values. I can't figure out why and I can't get rid of them. Any suggestions?
    Wednesday, September 03, 2014 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi mun, what are you using to make your form? Asking the obvious: do you have blank values in the column you're looking up? How about any customizations?

If you're using InfoPath, try checking the box "Show only entries with unique display names" in the control properties. Or, you can try filtering out the blank values using Fx.

cameron rautmann

• Marked as answer by mundorama Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:53 PM
    Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:27 PM

All replies

• Hi mun, what are you using to make your form? Asking the obvious: do you have blank values in the column you're looking up? How about any customizations?

If you're using InfoPath, try checking the box "Show only entries with unique display names" in the control properties. Or, you can try filtering out the blank values using Fx.

cameron rautmann

• Marked as answer by mundorama Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:53 PM
    Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:27 PM
  • Thank you. That got rid of all but one, which is a unique display name when it's by itself. Works for me.
    Wednesday, September 03, 2014 6:54 PM