none
insert form data into excel

Question

• I'm new to visual basic coding so i dont really know where to start what I need is a form that allows me to allocate crew members to teams for a race and create a team list in excel. I have the form, but i cannot figure out how to get the data into the sheet. i need the data to be displayed as a row per team

Team 1    member 1   member 2   member 3   etc

i intend to use comboboxes to select the team and team members as i know how to populate them.

thanks Damo

Monday, November 22, 2010 12:16 AM

Answers

• Bruce,

I managed to find a solution, it's not how i envisioned it, but it works.

Damo

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, November 29, 2010 10:58 AM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Damo

Could you please provide more information?

1. Which version of Excel?

2. What kind of form is this? Or, put another way, which specific VB-language are you using? Is this VBA in Excel? VB.NET (Visual Studio Express or some other edition of Visual Studio)?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Monday, November 22, 2010 9:56 AM
  • Hi Damo,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. Could you let us know whether you have resolved your issue?

If you have concern on this post, feel free to follow up, and wish you a nice day.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, November 26, 2010 10:52 AM
  • Bruce,

I managed to find a solution, it's not how i envisioned it, but it works.

Damo

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, November 29, 2010 10:58 AM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 11:45 AM
  • Hi Damo,

We are happy that you have found a solution, and we will be happier if you are willing to share your solution with us and it may help the others.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, November 29, 2010 10:58 AM
  • Hi,

The short version is

.Range("A" & LastRow) = cboYacht.Value
        .Range("E" & LastRow) = cboCrew4.Value
        .Range("F" & LastRow) = cboCrew5.Value
        .Range("G" & LastRow) = cboCrew6.Value

however  answer was  hard to make  do what i needed, so i spent a great deal of time editing the code. the whole answer can be found in this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exceldev/thread/8bdc3740-c70c-4ea5-b013-13521535876f

Damo

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:07 PM