none
How to disable Navigation Pane in Access 2007

General discussion

• Hi all,

I am using Access 2007 on XP.  I would like to ask how can I hide or completely disable showing the Navigation Pane?  I have an autoexec macro that disables the F11 key, but that is not enough because user can click on that hideous Office Button->Access Options->current database->check "Display Navigation Pane" and voila, it comes up again on the next load.

I don't want to go through the autoexec macro routine.  I would like to ask, is there any way to totally disable the navigation pane and remove the above option from view via code.  I am distributing this app to users and I don't want them to change anything by accident.

Ideally, I would like to have it on launch to run some routine to disable the F11 key, remove that Office Button->Access Options->current database->check "Display Navigation Pane" option or at the very least from view.  But at the same time, I would have a routine to break it all back if I was to go into the vba editor and run that routine.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts, sample code and/or user links.

Gerry

Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:06 PM

All replies

• Here are some things you can do:

1. Create an .accde file from your .accdb file (protects any VBA code)

2. Open the .accde file

3. Open Access Options--->Current Database and uncheck the Use Access Special Keys option (prevents using F11 to open the Navigation Pane and ALT+F11 to open the VBA window). DO NOT DO THIS ON YOUR ORIGINAL .ACCDB FILE.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:43 PM