none
how to print pdf attachments

Answers

• Hello Torstein,

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, Access object model does not expose a way to print pdf file. By doing some research on this topic, as far as I see, we could use the members included in adobe acrobat library. However, for this library, this forum is not the best place. If you have any more questions on this library, I recommend you could try to ask in official site of adobe. Thanks. For more information, please see these resources:

Printing a .pdf attachment.
    Using PrintPages in Visual Basic.

If you have any concern on this post, just feel free to follow up. Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Bessie Zhao - MSFT
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Torstein Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:48 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Torstein,

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, Access object model does not expose a way to print pdf file. By doing some research on this topic, as far as I see, we could use the members included in adobe acrobat library. However, for this library, this forum is not the best place. If you have any more questions on this library, I recommend you could try to ask in official site of adobe. Thanks. For more information, please see these resources:

Printing a .pdf attachment.
    Using PrintPages in Visual Basic.

If you have any concern on this post, just feel free to follow up. Have a nice day.

Best regards,
    Bessie Zhao - MSFT
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Torstein Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:48 PM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:40 AM
  • Hei Bessie,

thanks for your answer. I figured out this alternative on using tif documents instead of pdf. Then page 1 shows in the control just as for photos.

TIF is also multipage, and since my app uses scanned documents, this fits fine. The problem is printing page 2 and more.

The inconsistent thing is that docx (supported format) show as icon and cannot? be printed in a report.

Best regards

Torstein Krogh

Torstein Krogh
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:53 PM
  • You might like to look at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/accessdev/thread/52ad4f92-cac0-44e8-830c-6fbe3cff8353

where Albert Kallal show how to send an access report as an attachment.

you can use the use something like this to create the pdf on your hard disk like

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "rptInvoiceGross", acFormatPDF, "C:\Reports\Test.pdf"

Kent
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:59 PM
  • Thanks, but my problem is how to print the items in an attachment control from an Access report.

One example: Doc1.tif doc2.tif is two multipage documents linked to and order row.

How do you print ordernumber name and both documents?

Torstein Krogh
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:25 AM
  • If you want to print an embeeded object like a PDF file from Access you can save the attachment to hard disk and then run a batch file like the ones at the website below.

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/printfiles.php

jdweng
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:21 AM