none
Access2010 Error: "a problem occured while access was communicating with the OLE server or activeX control" after reinstalling windows and office

    Question

  • I have an access 2010 database program that I've built and put on several computers. They are all linked to one database file through our home network.

    Recently one of the computers had a virus and we needed to reinstall Win7 and office. Since then my database can be opened on this computer, but when I try to open some forms in it, I get the error in the title. It works on the rest of the computers and it worked on that computer before. What computer settings can cause this error?

    Thanks,

    Lior

    Friday, February 24, 2012 12:04 PM

Answers

  • Hi Lior,

    You might check below articles if applicable:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907337

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295824

    And in case you are using ActiveX Controls, you might re-register these on that particular computer.

    The program might also be affected by the virus, and therefore not function correctly, maybe corrupted.

    I would suggest copy a new Front-End to this computer.

    Hope this helps,


    Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

    • Marked as answer by lioregev Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:31 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 4:54 PM

All replies

  • Hi Lior,

    You might check below articles if applicable:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907337

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295824

    And in case you are using ActiveX Controls, you might re-register these on that particular computer.

    The program might also be affected by the virus, and therefore not function correctly, maybe corrupted.

    I would suggest copy a new Front-End to this computer.

    Hope this helps,


    Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"

    • Marked as answer by lioregev Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:31 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Excellent!!!!!

    Problem solved! In your first link there is an explanation to set the language for non-unicode programs. Once I set this one from English to Hebrew, Access came back to work!

    Thanks a lot!!!!!

    Lior

    Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:33 PM