none
Microsoft Acces ODBC Drivers

Question

• Hi

I want to download ODBC driver for Microsoft Access for 64 bit platform.

From where would i get them??

Anybody can help me with the link??

Really this can be very helpful.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 2:21 PM

Answers

• Just to expand on Peter's answer, the ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access should have been installed as part of the operating system (i.e. no additional download should be required.) However, even though there's a 64 bit version of Office 2010, there is no 64 bit ODBC driver for Access: you must use the 32 bit version, even on a 64 bit operating system. By default, the Data Sources (ODBC) applet on a 64 bit operating system points to the 64 bit version of the client (which is %systemdrive%\Windows\System32\Odbcad32.exe). To use the 32 bit version, you must launch %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64\Odbcad32.exe as Peter says. Since this is a pretty common requirement in 64 bit operating systems, you may want to create a separate shortcut to this version.
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele (no e-mails, please!)
    Co-author Access Solutions — Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs (ISBN 978-0-470-59168-0)
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:58 PM

All replies

• Mahesh Birajdar wrote:

I want to download ODBC driver for Microsoft Access for 64 bit platform.[...]
    Anybody can help me with the link??

You should have it on your system already:

%systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64\Odbcad32.exe

Peter Doering [MVP Access]

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:28 PM
  • Just to expand on Peter's answer, the ODBC drivers for Microsoft Access should have been installed as part of the operating system (i.e. no additional download should be required.) However, even though there's a 64 bit version of Office 2010, there is no 64 bit ODBC driver for Access: you must use the 32 bit version, even on a 64 bit operating system. By default, the Data Sources (ODBC) applet on a 64 bit operating system points to the 64 bit version of the client (which is %systemdrive%\Windows\System32\Odbcad32.exe). To use the 32 bit version, you must launch %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64\Odbcad32.exe as Peter says. Since this is a pretty common requirement in 64 bit operating systems, you may want to create a separate shortcut to this version.
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://www.AccessMVP.com/djsteele (no e-mails, please!)
    Co-author Access Solutions — Tips, Tricks, and Secrets from Microsoft Access MVPs (ISBN 978-0-470-59168-0)
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:58 PM
  • That's one of the confusion between "system32" and "SysWoW64".

Still, a lot of them thinks that "system32" is still 32-bit, while "SysWoW64" is 64-bit when you're using 64-bit OS. Which is wrong and not corrected.

Lots of them is expecting "system64" when using 64-bit OS I guess.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:18 AM