none
Renamed a table involved in relationship, now I am messed up. How to recover?

Question

• Access 2010. I am trying to get a database ready for user testing. The main table has had many changes and I need to pull in the production table and modify it so I keep the production data. So I renamed the development table to something else and imported the production table. Now I have to run some conversion routines. One of these routines failed with referential integrity constraints. It turns out the table I renamed was involved in a relationship under its old name. I need this relationship to be re-established with the table I imported and deleted from the renamed table. However, Access still thinks the old renamed table is related and this is causing the referential integrity check to fail.

How do I get around this? I went into relationships and deleted the relationship but that did not help.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:36 PM

Answers

• Ok, it was pretty simple. All I had to do was to go ito Relationships and display the table under its old name, then the unwanted relationship showed up and I was able to remove it.

Personally, I think that when you rename a table and it is involved in a relationship, it would be really nice if Access asked if you wanted to keep the relationship or not.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:42 PM

All replies

• Ok, it was pretty simple. All I had to do was to go ito Relationships and display the table under its old name, then the unwanted relationship showed up and I was able to remove it.

Personally, I think that when you rename a table and it is involved in a relationship, it would be really nice if Access asked if you wanted to keep the relationship or not.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:42 PM
  • Thanks for your sharing and have a nice day.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:48 AM