none
The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object ''. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If '' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.

Question

• Hi ,

I am trying to access the excel from sharing drive and having permission.

But i am getting below this error:

The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object ''. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If '' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.

Please let me help what needs to be done for this issue resolving

Looser.

Regards, Looser.

• Moved by Naomi N Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:43 AM Better answer can be here (From:Transact-SQL)
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:39 AM

Answers

• This error generally occured when you don't have access of that file over network or in connection string, it unable to reach the destination file.
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:25 AM

All replies

• Talk to your network administrator.

Also, this is a T-SQL forum, you need to find an Excel forum.

Kalman Toth SQL SERVER & BI TRAINING

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Sunday, April 22, 2012 3:42 AM
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:44 AM
  • This error generally occured when you don't have access of that file over network or in connection string, it unable to reach the destination file.
    Saturday, April 21, 2012 11:25 AM
  • Hi Looser

am Looser wrote:

I am trying to access the excel from sharing drive and having permission.

How do you want to access the Excel sheet? Did you try to link the Sheet as table into Access?

What Version of Access/Excel are you using?

Henry

Monday, April 23, 2012 4:35 AM
  • Similar problem, different file type.  "The microsoft access database engine could not find the object 'CostCentersGL'.

This was returned by Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, version 14.0.6129.5000 (32-bit).  It was returned when I followed the sequence External Data > Import & Link > More > dBASE File > Browse > CostCentersGL.dbf.

Clues:

1. I received this error no matter where the file was located (Desktop, Microsoft UNC network share). 
    2. I have full permissions for the file and the locations that I have tried to import from. 
    3. I am able to import from other file types at the same locations.
    4. The error message does not include the file extension (.dbf) of the file I am trying to import.
    5. The dbf file is not corrupted and opens correctly in Microsoft Excel.

Any thoughts from the community?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:50 PM
  • Do you see the linked table in the object pane as CostCenterGL? Does it has exactly this name? If not, rename it to have exactly the name your application expects and then it should work. I guess the link or import gave it a different name than the one your application expects.

Henry

Friday, February 15, 2013 1:59 AM
    • I had a similar issue while i was saving an Access 2007 file into a Access 2003 format and it was giving that an object is not found. I knew the name of the object was familiar to me as I created the object then deleted it however I am not sure why Access still needed the object so I just created the object by copying a similar object and renaming it to the name of the object that Access wanted me to have and that worked. 

I am not sure why access needed a form object which I created an deleted earlier for saving the database from 2007 format to 2003 format. After the conversion the database is working fine. 

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:16 AM
  • I solved a similar issue removing blanks from the UNC and the file names! Weird, but fixed. ciao. pf
    Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:09 AM