none
Excel: F2 + Mouse Scroll Wheel Event

Question

• Hi all

I have just converted to office 2010 from 2003, and really miss the possibility to mouse scroll while in formula editing mode in excel (after hitting F2). So what I want is to use vba code to capture the event of a mouse scroll while in editing mode, and translate this into a page scroll.

I don't know if this is possible as I am fairly new to events within vba, but I was wondering if someone might have any good suggestions to where to begin.

Thanks in advance!
    Monday, October 24, 2011 11:39 AM

Answers

• Excel VBA code cannot run while you're in editing mode. I don't know if it's possible with a COM add-in, perhaps someone else can tell you.
    Regards, Hans Vogelaar
    Monday, October 24, 2011 1:12 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, you can't run any VBA code while you're in editing mode, so you can't capture mouse events in that situation.

You can scroll with the mouse wheel when you're editing a formula directly in a cell (i.e. after pressing F2, if you have ticked the check box "Allow editing directly in cells" in File > Options > Advanced), but not when you're editing a formula in the formula bar.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar
    Monday, October 24, 2011 12:32 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Hans.

I knew about this feature, but forgot to mention it. So there's no possible workaround to achieve what I want?

Its really annoying:(

Monday, October 24, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Excel VBA code cannot run while you're in editing mode. I don't know if it's possible with a COM add-in, perhaps someone else can tell you.
    Regards, Hans Vogelaar
    Monday, October 24, 2011 1:12 PM