none
object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found

Question

• I've upgraded from excel 2003 to 2010 and have an wookbook with macros and when I open this workbook I get this error "object library invalid or contains references to object definitions that could not be found". I've tried to debug  this but I can not figure out what line of code is causing the problem because the function will not even start to debug. The function is the "Private Sub Workbook_Open()" in the Thisworkbook.

rstambach
    Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:48 PM

Answers

• Found it.

missing: fpdtc 1.0 type library

I could not uncheck it so I copied the dll file to my system32 folder and found it with the browser. It got the missing removed from it but when I open or close the workbook I keep getting the same error. I found a treeview control on a form and removed it and it fixed the problem.

rstambach
    • Marked as answer by why767 Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:46 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:45 PM

All replies

• Hello:

When this error occurs, open up the VBA interface (Alt-F11), then go to Tools, References.  You should be able to scan down the list and it will show the missing library.  That might give you a clue.  Then search for the missing library in Bing or Google and see if you can identify the object.

Rich Locus Logicwurks, LLC www.logicwurks.com
    Monday, March 21, 2011 5:31 AM
  • Rich,

(Alt-F11) Switches me between VBA and excel. The Tools, References is only available when I stop debuging. I don't see any of the references marked as missing.

rstambach
    Monday, March 21, 2011 8:45 PM
  • Found it.

missing: fpdtc 1.0 type library

I could not uncheck it so I copied the dll file to my system32 folder and found it with the browser. It got the missing removed from it but when I open or close the workbook I keep getting the same error. I found a treeview control on a form and removed it and it fixed the problem.

rstambach
    • Marked as answer by why767 Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:46 PM
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:45 PM