none
Excel 2013 Slicer Properties are Grayed out

Question

• After doing quite a bit of research I have not seen anyone describe this issue so im hoping someone here has run into this or that it is just so simple I overlooked the obvious:

End goal: I want to set all slicers on a page to be unlocked so when the sheet is protected the slicers can still be navigated by the users.

Issue: For some reason every slicer I create in this or any other workbook has a portion of the properties that is grayed out and not modifiable. 

Steps

1. Insert Slicer
    2. Select Slicer
    3. Right Click > "Size and Properties"
    4. Expand the Properties section, This is the part that is visible but unchangeable.

I attempted to combine a "For Each" loop with the "Slicer.Locked = False" command, but my horrible coding skills are not enough. I don't mind doing it though VBA if that's the best solution as I already have other macros that refresh and set the values of several of the slicers but i would prefer to just use the properties menu if possible.

I cant post an image until my account is verified but here is an image of the properties window I am looking at:

http://excelandaccess.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/030713_0718_tableslicer12.png?w=536

In this image the options listed under properties are fully accessible, in my sheets the entire section below properties is grayed out, The first two sections dealing with Size and Layout are usable however.

Thanks!

• Edited by Eltharien Monday, April 01, 2013 5:56 PM
    Monday, April 01, 2013 5:40 PM

Answers

• Figures, after posting this I figured out what was going on...or at least I think I did:

If you have multiple slicers and have them grouped together (right click > Group> Group) then the individual properties are no longer available even if you click twice to select an individual Slicer.

• Marked as answer by Eltharien Monday, April 01, 2013 5:55 PM
    Monday, April 01, 2013 5:45 PM

All replies

• Figures, after posting this I figured out what was going on...or at least I think I did:

If you have multiple slicers and have them grouped together (right click > Group> Group) then the individual properties are no longer available even if you click twice to select an individual Slicer.

• Marked as answer by Eltharien Monday, April 01, 2013 5:55 PM
    Monday, April 01, 2013 5:45 PM
  • Hello Eltharien,

Thanks for sharing the solution with us. This might be a good reference for others encounter the same issue.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:16 PM