none
ColdFusion WOPI Server Editing Capabilities

Question

• We have a custom built ColdFusion web application that we use to manage documents for our customer.  After looking at the WOPI protocol and Office Web App Server product we are pretty excited to be able to interact with Office documents "live" on the web.

I have successfully been able to stand up a WOPI Client (Office Web App Server) and a WOPI Server (ColdFusion/Windows 2008 Server).  Additionally, I am able to successfully view documents but am having some trouble with editing one.  I am able to determine the correct URL to use for "Editing" through the WOPI discovery process and the .docx file almost loads in editing view but then I start getting errors like the following:

"Sorry, you don't have permission to edit this document."

Of course, once I add the "UserCanWrite" attribute to the JSON CheckFileInfo request, that error message goes away, except now I get the following:

"Sorry, this document can't be opened for editing."

My question has to do with debugging and trying to figure our why this document can't be opened.  I am looking at the logs in the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OfficeWebApps\Data\Logs\ULS" directory but am not really discovering much.  Are there any techniques out there I can leverage to determine what is happening?  Also, what does the WOPI discovery mean by required="update"?

Thanks for any advice you can give!  BTW.  The product is awesome!  I can't wait to deploy it!!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:40 PM