none
IRtdServer.RefreshData and format cell

Question

• Can RefreshData function send Excel cell format information. I want excel to show arrows in his cells and I want RTD server to inform him which arrow to show.
    Friday, January 18, 2013 1:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• No it can't. You'll have to trap the change of data in the Worksheet_Change event handler.

In that procedure, you will have to remember the former cell value, compare the new cell value, and then determine which arrow image to show.

BTW: I'm not sure if Excel supports alpha channel transparency with in-cell images.

Friday, January 18, 2013 2:22 PM
  • I not sure why are you talking about alpha channel transparency with in-cell images. I was thinking on cell formatting option from, for example conditional formatting where I can put all kind of arrows and other signs or background or foreground.

As much as I understood you, I can not handle this formatting on RTD side, but only on excel side?

Saturday, January 19, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Ah....I was not aware that conditional formatting supported the background images...very cool.

Yes, you'll need to do that on the Excel side...as it controls the "facade" layer.

Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:43 PM