none
Task Pane app issue on Office 365

Question

• I have deployed my Office Word Task Pane app to my Office 365 Dev site.  Whenever I try to open the Document from SharePoint, I get in the task pane, a login screen and a message saying "An add-on for this website failed to run."  I've tried all the settings in IE to no success.  I am able to load the taskpane.html page in the browser just fine.  I have also gone through the trust settings in Word with no success.  Any ideas?

Robert Stark Aurora Sky Technology Partners www.auroraskytech.com robert@aurorskytech.com

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 6:13 PM

Answers

• There is a known issue with the Lync Browser Helper Add-on in IE. If you have this add-on in your list of add-ons you might try disabling it or even removing it. If that doesn't work, I would advise opening a support case with Office 365 support.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert, 

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm consulting your issue with my colleague. You'll be informed if I got some information.

Thank you for your patient and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:44 AM
  • This error may come from the host process for taskpane. Flash player addon in IE is the suspect, go to IE Options>Manage Add-ons > Shockwave Flash Object. Is it disabled? if so, enable it.

Further, if above suggestion doesn't fix it, please run Fiddler to monitor the HTTP traffic, see if there're error over there.

Download Fiddler: http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

thanks.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Tuesday, December 04, 2012 2:22 AM
  • Just got back around to this. I am using IE 10 on Windows 8.  I've checked the add-ons and that add-on is not listed when I look at show: All add-ons.  I ran fiddler as well and do not see any errors there either.  Any other suggestions?

Robert Stark Aurora Sky Technology Partners www.auroraskytech.com robert@aurorskytech.com

Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:10 PM
  • Robert, I'll get other people look at this issue, please wait some time.

thanks.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Friday, December 14, 2012 5:25 AM
  • There is a known issue with the Lync Browser Helper Add-on in IE. If you have this add-on in your list of add-ons you might try disabling it or even removing it. If that doesn't work, I would advise opening a support case with Office 365 support.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Excel Support

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:58 PM