none
How do Record a Macro in Outlook 2007

Question

• Hi everyone.

I want to take the step to record my first macro in outlook but I am unable to record one. I cannot see the button or command to start the recording. Please help.

Thanks to all that continue to serve has help HashMan
    Friday, June 10, 2011 3:19 PM

Answers

• Outlook never has and never will have a macro recorder. You need to code any Outlook macros directly in the Outlook VBA project.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007

"HashMan19_11" <=?utf-8?B?SGFzaE1hbjE5XzEx?=> wrote in message news:356d455d-8932-462b-9cb1-8395a2f2b457...

Hi everyone.

I want to take the step to record my first macro in outlook but I am unable to record one. I cannot see the button or command to start the recording. Please help.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:26 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:46 PM

All replies

• Outlook never has and never will have a macro recorder. You need to code any Outlook macros directly in the Outlook VBA project.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook

"HashMan19_11" <=?utf-8?B?SGFzaE1hbjE5XzEx?=> wrote in message news:356d455d-8932-462b-9cb1-8395a2f2b457...

Hi everyone.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:26 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:46 PM
  • Thanks

Thanks to all that continue to serve as help HashMan
    Friday, June 10, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Ken,

I came to this question looking for how to record a macro and of course am disappointed I can't.

I'm a programmer, but have only done a bit of VB in Excel.

Is there a line or two of code you could share with me that I could put in a Sub that would highlight the entire email I'm writing, and change change the before and after paragraph spacing to 6 pt?

Thanks!

Tom
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:02 PM
  • Have you ever done any Word programming? That's what you will need for this in Outlook 2007. All emails use a subset of Word as the email editor in Outlook 2007 and 2010. To get the Word Document object representing the email you would use Application.ActiveInspector.WordEditor. That is actually a Word.Document object. From there you'd use the Word object model to do what you want.

So, Document.Select() will select the entire document. I'm no Word expert, but it looks like Selection.Font would then be the way to go to change the font settings.

--
    Ken Slovak
    MVP - Outlook

"tfield98x" <=?utf-8?B?dGZpZWxkOTh4?=> wrote in message news:89de2d68-e772-4ab1-9615-b0bfc52be0a5...

Ken,

I came to this question looking for how to record a macro and of course am disappointed I can't.

I'm a programmer, but have only done a bit of VB in Excel.

Is there a line or two of code you could share with me that I could put in a Sub that would highlight the entire email I'm writing, and change change the before and after paragraph spacing to 6 pt?

Thanks!

Tom

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Friday, June 17, 2011 1:47 PM
  • Ken, while this is a later response, is there an MSDN tool that includes a macro recorder for outlook, such as Office Developers tools?

Thanks

Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:05 PM
  • There still is no Outlook macro recorder, and no plans for one.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:52 PM
  • How would I, if possible, create a button on the toolbar to be able to quickly turn email alerts off and on?
    Tuesday, March 04, 2014 8:06 PM
  • Hello KD33,

I'd recommend asking separate questions in new forum threads. Thus, you will attract forum readers and get the answer ASAP. Moreover, forum readers can recognize the answer easily.

What email alerts are you talking about? Do you want to turn off Outlook security prompts or new email notifications?

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 11:31 AM