none
replace MSCAL.Calendar.7

Question

• I've just upgraded to 2010 and founf that MSCAL.Calendar.7 is no longer supported.

What can I use to replace these controls?

Thanks!

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:54 PM

Answers

• Where can I find the date-picker control? I've been looking all over the ribbon and can't see it. 

It's not a control that you add from the ribbon.  Instead, it's a built-in feature of date fields, or rather, text boxes bound to date fields.  There's a property called "Show Date Picker" on the Format tab of the text box's property sheet, which can be set to either "For dates" or "Never".  If it's set to "For dates", then when the text box has the focus and is bound to a date field or is formatted as a date, a little button appears next to it that, when clicked, opens a date-picker dialog.
    Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html
    Monday, December 12, 2011 8:25 PM

All replies

• I've just upgraded to 2010 and founf that MSCAL.Calendar.7 is no longer supported.

What can I use to replace these controls?

The built-in date-picker control, new with Access 2007, serves for most purposes.  If not, you can always use Stephen Lebans' API-based calendar control.
    Monday, December 12, 2011 8:12 PM
  • Hi, Dirk!

Thanks for the direction. Where can I find the date-picker control? I've been looking all over the ribbon and can't see it. 

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:19 PM
  • Where can I find the date-picker control? I've been looking all over the ribbon and can't see it. 

It's not a control that you add from the ribbon.  Instead, it's a built-in feature of date fields, or rather, text boxes bound to date fields.  There's a property called "Show Date Picker" on the Format tab of the text box's property sheet, which can be set to either "For dates" or "Never".  If it's set to "For dates", then when the text box has the focus and is bound to a date field or is formatted as a date, a little button appears next to it that, when clicked, opens a date-picker dialog.
    Monday, December 12, 2011 8:25 PM

Ahhh... actually, I just found where you can add a control via the ribbon > Design > ActiveX Controls > Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control 6.0 (SP4).

I don't have that listed in my control list.

I also just realized that the unbound text controls that I use in conjunction with the calendar already have the property set to "For Dates" so I guess I'm good to go!

I just need to delete the old calendar control and tweak the form a little.

Thanks, Dirk!

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:40 PM