none
error occurs in accdb DB

Question

• hello,

i have an access 2007 DB working well in widows XP with office 2007 + sp2
    when i run the same accdb file in another machine: windows 7 with office 2007 + sp2, i get this error:

This error occurs when an event has failed to run because Microsoft Office
    Access cannot evaluate the location of the logic for the event. For example,
    if the OnOpen property of a form is set to =[Field], this error occurs
    because Access expects a macro or event name to run when the event is fired.

could you help please ?

Regards,
    Mustafa Agabriya

Sunday, June 27, 2010 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Mustafa.

I would check to see if there are any missing references and if the code will compile on the problem machine.

1) Open a module (or create a new one if there aren't any) in the Access file that having the problem.

2) Select Tools - References from the tool bar and see if anything in the list is marked with the word "MISSING".  This indicates that some the file is linking to software that is not installed on the problem machine, or that is located in a different place.

3) Select Debug - Compile {database name}.  See if any errors occur. 

Hope this helps.

Karl

If this post answers your question, could you please click "Mark as Answer" on it? Thanks!
    Karl Hoaglund, MCSD
    Microsoft Access Programmer
    www.nexuscgi.net
    Monday, June 28, 2010 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Mustafa.

I would check to see if there are any missing references and if the code will compile on the problem machine.

1) Open a module (or create a new one if there aren't any) in the Access file that having the problem.

2) Select Tools - References from the tool bar and see if anything in the list is marked with the word "MISSING".  This indicates that some the file is linking to software that is not installed on the problem machine, or that is located in a different place.

3) Select Debug - Compile {database name}.  See if any errors occur. 

Hope this helps.

Karl

If this post answers your question, could you please click "Mark as Answer" on it? Thanks!
    Karl Hoaglund, MCSD
    Microsoft Access Programmer
    www.nexuscgi.net
    Monday, June 28, 2010 7:48 PM
  • Hi Mustafa,

In addition to the steps / action items Karl has posted, could you also post the exact error message you are seeing on this machine?  Your original post states you receive an error message, but I am unable to see the error message listed.

Best Regards,

Nathan Ost

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, June 28, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Hi,

I know this issue is somehow old but I have same problem and I couldn't find any solution.

I have an access 2007 database which was working for long time on windows XP without error, recently I moved a copy to one of our new Lap Tops which its OS is Wndows 7, it produce the following error for all events

This error occurs when an event has failed to run because Microsoft Office
    Access cannot evaluate the location of the logic for the event. For example,
    if the OnOpen property of a form is set to =[Field], this error occurs
    because Access expects a macro or event name to run when the event is fired.

some other forms in the same db is working but some else not working and give above error for all events. I guess it should be something wrong with Win 7 as db works fine on XP

Actions I have Done till now with no resault:

1-Move the db to a new access file.

2-check all References and change to updated references in Win 7

3-Several time compiling and de-compiling with no error

ps: Something else I removed some codes and put macro instead and it works but after I converted the same macro to code by access convertion tab it start giving error.

Any help and ideas is appreciated in advance

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 12:05 PM