none
SharePoint 2010 - Hide All Site Content from site menu

Question

•                             <SharePoint:MenuItemTemplate runat="server" id="MenuItem_ViewAllSiteContents"
                                    Text="<%$Resources:wss,quiklnch_allcontent%>"
                                    Description="<%$Resources:wss,siteactions_allcontentdescription%>"
                                    ImageUrl="/_layouts/images/allcontent32.png" Visible="false"
                                    MenuGroupId="300"
                                    Sequence="302"
                                    UseShortId="true"
                                    ClientOnClickNavigateUrl="~site/_layouts/viewlsts.aspx"
                                    PermissionsString="ViewFormPages"
                                    PermissionMode="Any" />

Hi everyone,

I`m having some with Site Action Menu, i`m trying to hide View All Site Content for all user even me (Administrator),

I`m editing my master page in SharePoint Designer (v4.master) and i`m using Visible="false" as option, but this only hide form Administrators not for all users ??? How can this be?

Please if you got any other solution for this, please help me :)

Thank you upfornt

Aleksandar Delcevski, Web-administrator School of Journalism and Public Relations Jurij Gagarin 17-1/1, 1000 Skopje, R. Macedonia t: + 389 2 3090 004 mob: +38972 257 565 a.delcevski@vs.edu.mk; www.vs.edu.mk; www.medium.edu.mk; www.unescochair-vs.edu.mk

Thursday, November 29, 2012 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Aleksandar,

Try to add the following script code to master page or  to a content editor web part,

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

document.getElementById("ViewAllContentid").style.visibility = "hidden";

</script>

To get the view all site content id, you can through view source of HTML page.

Best Regards.

Kelly Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Aleksandar,

Try to add the following script code to master page or  to a content editor web part,

document.getElementById("ViewAllContentid").style.visibility = "hidden";

</script>

To get the view all site content id, you can through view source of HTML page.

Best Regards.

Kelly Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:26 AM
  • Not working !

document.getElementById("s4-mainarea").style.visibility = "hidden";

</script>

Some other solution maybe ?

Aleksandar Delcevski, Web-administrator School of Journalism and Public Relations Jurij Gagarin 17-1/1, 1000 Skopje, R. Macedonia t: + 389 2 3090 004 mob: +38972 257 565 a.delcevski@vs.edu.mk; www.vs.edu.mk; www.medium.edu.mk; www.unescochair-vs.edu.mk

Friday, November 30, 2012 12:43 PM