none
Outlook 2010 Add-in opening another Outlook add-in

Question

• Hello,

I have successfully created and add-in ribbon that loads perfectly and catches the 'on-click' event nicely.
    What I would like to add is when my add-in is clicked - it opens another outlook add-in

private void button1_Click(object sender, RibbonControlEventArgs e)
            {
               Microsoft.Office.Tools.Ribbon("myOtherAdd-inName").OPEN

}

but this is not working. I want to open a third-party add-in which gives me info in the form of a text file on the system drive.
    but I need to be able to invoke outlook plugin from my plugin

Any help is much appreciated

Saturday, August 03, 2013 12:01 AM

Answers

• Is this addin installed but not connected? If so get the Application.COMAddIns collection, iterate it to find that addin and set it's Connect property to True.

That will connect the addin, but it would have to have been written to correctly initialize when Outlook has already been started. The Extensibility.OnConnection() event will fire for it, but Extensibility.OnStartupComplete() won't fire in those circumstances.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Monday, August 05, 2013 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Not long ago I ran into this .
    I tried it by simply replacing the CurrentProcess with "OUTLOOK", and was very pleased to see how it executes my Addin's controls.

Didn't continue with it, though, so I'm not sure about more advanced controls, but it handles simple buttons quite well.

Moshe

Sunday, August 04, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Is this addin installed but not connected? If so get the Application.COMAddIns collection, iterate it to find that addin and set it's Connect property to True.

That will connect the addin, but it would have to have been written to correctly initialize when Outlook has already been started. The Extensibility.OnConnection() event will fire for it, but Extensibility.OnStartupComplete() won't fire in those circumstances.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Monday, August 05, 2013 1:24 PM