none
Path and Name field in SPD 2010 Workflow for creating Doc Sets

Question

• Hi Guys,

Here's hoping you can help out and give a few pointers. I'm currently trying to implement what I thought was quite a simple workflow involving the creation of a Content Type (similar to Doc Set but with additional field) within an alternative library when a new item is added to the current library.

Create Item in CaseFileLibrary (Output to Variable: CaseFile)

When running the workflow, I keep getting the following error:

"The workflow could not create the list item because the file name is either missing or invalid. "

It seems to be related to the 'File and Path' field within the 'Create New List Item' field mappings. For this I have tried the CurrentItem:Title as some other forums suggest and have also tried entering the URL path e.g. /subsite_name/library_name/CurrentItem:Title. (as the name of the CaseFile (Doc Set) is going to be the same as the current item name)

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be truely greatful.

Luke

• Edited by Hollinshead Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:07 PM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Luke,

This error indicates there is an error in the workflow logic. Ensure that the file name entered in the Path and Name field is a valid file name. Common reasons for a file name to be invalid include a missing or incorrect file extension or a file/path string that is too long and exceeds the allowable number of characters.

More information, please refer to :

Common error messages in SharePoint workflow development

For the URL that you used in the ‘Create New List Item’, whether the CurrentItem:Title is a lookup, not typed by yourself. If not, please type /subsite_name/library_name/, then lookup CurrentItem:Title, like the below, then save and publish the workflow, compare the result.

In addition, please use another name for the name, compare the result.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 15, 2014 3:11 AM