none
Windows 8 64 bit MSCOMCTL.OCX

Question

• I've developed a Word 2013 Add-In in Windows 7 32 bit. When I tryed the Add-In on Windows 8 64 bit I get a compile error. The reference with the MSCOMCTL.OCX is missing.

Now my listview (common controls 6.0) is nog working any more...

Any suggestions?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• I've pick out the below info from this page.

-MSCOMCTL.OCX is a set of 32-bit controls that were provided with the Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 programming environment
    - To use 32-bit controls like MSCOMCTL.OCX on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 they have to be installed and registered in: C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to run in the "WOW [Windows on Windows] emulation environment
     - On my install of 64-bit Windows 7 I found MSCOMCTL.OCX already present in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory, I am not sure if its there by default or if I installed something that placed it there for me.

Browse to your command prompt shortcut via Start-->All Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt. Right click on that Command Prompt icon and choose to Run as administrator.  Click Yes to tell UAC you really want to run it.

When the black window opens with your command prompt, type this in:

cd<push spacebar>C:\Windows\SysWOW64 <push Enter key>

The prompt should change to:  C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Then type:

regsvr32<push spacebar>mscomctl.ocx <push Enter key>

If you get a Window that pops up and says, "DllRegisterServer in mscomctl.ocx succeeded" then click OK and try the frontend install again.

If you do NOT see MSCOMCTL.OCX already in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 then you need to get it there and register it and then install frontend.  That is the longer part of the story that I would suggest you look here  http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=52353&st=0 for more info because many others have had your issue.

HTH

with regards, Yuri

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:39 AM
  • Today i installed myself Windows 8 64 bit with Office 2013, no problem! Everything works!

On this pc the file is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\vfs\SystemX86

On a laptop it still doesn't works. As administrator a registerd the mscomoctl.ocx in c:\windows\syswow64. I've coopied the mscomoctl.ocx from my computer.

Are there other options?

I can not open http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=52353&st=0, you've to register...

Monday, March 04, 2013 4:06 PM