none
Access 2013 Web App - Lookup Wizard Not functioning as expected

Question

• Changes to the Access Table Lookup wizard?

When you add a new lookup field or revise an existing lookup field in an Access 2013 table the Lookup Wizard window opens.

I have several existing Access 2013 Web Apps running on Office 365. And the lookup wizard has worked in the past.

Recently when trying to create a new Lookup type field or revise an existing lookup, the wizard does not work as expected (or not as it has in the past)

The first page of the wizard has two radio buttons & asks which field uniquely identifies the item or Which value you want to display (see attached screen 1st screen shot).

In the past you could choose to use a table/query or enter in the values.

2nd Screen shot (attached)

When you Check "what values you want tp see in the lookup field and click OK, the wizard closes and does not function as expected.

Please advise how to resolve.

Bruce

• Edited by Bruce Herz Monday, September 16, 2013 9:33 PM
    Monday, September 16, 2013 9:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Bruce ,

we will be glad to help you on this issue As it needs to be discussed on detail.

So I request you to open a case with Microsoft so that we can call you and discuss on this issue in detail and which will help us to isolate the exact issue. 

Have a nice day!

Monday, October 07, 2013 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Bruce:
    Although you are developing Access 2013 web app, but your Access 2013 UI looks a little different from me. Would you please tell me which version of Access are you using?
    For me, I’m using Access 2013(Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013: 15.0.4517.1005) and it looks like below:

I create a new custom web app and a lookup within it, and it works fine (look at the figure below):

Would you mind providing us more information to reproduce this issue?

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 1:31 AM
  • Hi George,

Thank you for the reply.

I am using Access 2013, but a more recent build than yours. See attached screen shot. 

There are several changes which I have found. But, the confusion at this point is trying to understand what is happening with the Lookup wizard.

Thanks

Bruce

Friday, September 20, 2013 10:58 AM
  • Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your reply.

I will upgrade to your version and try to reproduce this issue.Your patience is appreciated.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 20, 2013 5:11 PM
  • Hi Bruce snd George .
    This is Yoshiki-Tojo from Japan . Sorry my poor English .

I have experienced the same issue in Japanese version on Access 2013 Web apps via office365 .
    This issue was happend suddenly on Sep 18th , after adopting the Windows update ( No=KB2752093 ) .
    Now I uninstalled this update . After that , Lookup Wizard has been working correctly ( same as the past ) .

I think this update may be wrong .This update has other issues than Lookup wizard .

I posted this issue to Partner's Network Forum , and Lily Li has been invesetigating  this issue .
    She sent this thread to me . So , I posted my situations to this thread .
    Lily Li sent a message that she could not find the update (KB2752093) on her environment .

My developping environment is
       Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
       Office 365 Plan E3

Thanks
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Best Regards , from Yoshiki-Tojo , Tokyo , Japan .

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:59 AM
  • Hi Bruce and George .
    This is Yoshiki-Tojo from Japan .

Rily Li - san said that she could find this update , yesterday .
    And the situation will be reported to the Product Team .
    I think the best way to solve this issue is to uninstall this update , in current situation .
    She said so too .

Thanks
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 5:32 AM
  • Try running the following fix it link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2678469/en-us

well it may help.

Thursday, October 03, 2013 11:53 PM
  • Thanks for the recommendation.

I did not see a link on the page url above. But, I did go to the Microsoft Fixit Center Pro site

https://wc.ficp.support.microsoft.com/Dashboards/Main/GuidedSearch

and ran the diagnostics for Access.

It found a needed Office 2013 hotfix and corrected another Office 2013 issue I have had for months. 

But, it did not help with the Access Lookup issue. 

Thanks for the info.

Bruce

Friday, October 04, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Hi Bruce , this is Yoshiki-tojo from Japan .

Excuse me , my suggestion was not useful for you .

Please refer to below discussion .

http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us/mpnonline/forum/mpnoloff365-mpnolshp/lookup-wizard-was-changed-suddenly-in/c537cf5f-2150-4413-bb3c-9cab88edddfe

Have a nice day !
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 07, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Hi Bruce ,

we will be glad to help you on this issue As it needs to be discussed on detail.

So I request you to open a case with Microsoft so that we can call you and discuss on this issue in detail and which will help us to isolate the exact issue. 

Have a nice day!

Monday, October 07, 2013 4:28 PM