none
CSS in content editor web part does not seem to have any effect on content in a page viewer web part.

Question

• I am working with SharePoint online in Office 365.

I have included a Page Viewer web part  on my SharePoint page, and entered the address of the external page I want to bring in.  The content coming in contains an <h1> tag whose display I want to suppress.

I have also added a content editor webpart on the sharepoint page which points to a file with the following content:

<style>
        h1 { display:none }
    </style>

However, when the complete page is rendered, the h1 tag still displays in the page viewer web part.

I know the CSS is working because I have another h1 tag on the sharepoint page itself (not in the page viewer web part) and it is getting suppressed.

*As a note, when I open this SharePoint page, I always get an IE warning to which I must respond: "Only secure content is displayed." even though I have included the site being accessed in the Page Viewer in my IE trusted sites.  It is an http:// not an https:/

Thank you for your attention.

Betty Stolwyk

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 7:53 PM

Answers

• Have you considered just making a page rather than putting it in a content editor web part?

Also, you will get that error anytime you are porting from HTTP to HTTPS regardless of whether not it is trusted, because Trusted and Secure are two different concepts.  I do not recommend confusing them.  Quite often, with any web site, there's an HTTPS variant that can be used.  Try putting the S on the end, and see if it resolves.

• Marked as answer by Betty B Monday, August 25, 2014 5:36 PM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:05 PM

All replies

• Have you considered just making a page rather than putting it in a content editor web part?

Also, you will get that error anytime you are porting from HTTP to HTTPS regardless of whether not it is trusted, because Trusted and Secure are two different concepts.  I do not recommend confusing them.  Quite often, with any web site, there's an HTTPS variant that can be used.  Try putting the S on the end, and see if it resolves.

• Marked as answer by Betty B Monday, August 25, 2014 5:36 PM
    Thursday, August 21, 2014 7:05 PM
  • Thank you for your response.  I have since found out that I cannot modify CSS styles on a web page that I am bringing into my SharePoint page via a page viewer web part.

Also, thank you for the clarification about Trusted vs Secure.

Betty Stolwyk

Monday, August 25, 2014 5:36 PM