none
HELP: Export MS Access table to Excel

Question

• Hi,

I would like to ask help from you guys about exporting ms access table to excel. I know there is an option on exporting it to excel, but my problem is how to export to excel including the attached image in my access table.

Thank you in advance guys.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Ton,

when you manually export a table into Excel it is just the same as .SendObject method does. I can't test it but I'm almost (94%) sure that it isn't possible.

Thinking logically, you can have more than one file in your attachment field of the one record. They can be .pdf, .bmp etc. If I can imagine that Access can export images but how do you think it will export other files? :)

Andrey V Artemyev | Saint-Petersburg, Russia
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Friday, January 28, 2011 9:57 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Ton,

there is a kb about .SendObject method http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb214075.aspx and here is a quote:

The following rules apply when you use the SendObject action to include a database object in a mail message:

• You can send table, query, and form datasheets. In the included object, all fields in the datasheet look as they do in Access, except fields containing OLE objects. The columns for these fields are included in the object, but the fields are blank.
    • For a control bound to a Yes/No field (a toggle button, option button, or check box), the output file displays the value –1 (Yes) or 0 (No).
    • For a text box bound to a Hyperlink field, the output file displays the hyperlink for all output formats except MS-DOS text (in this case, the hyperlink is just displayed as normal text).
    • If you send a form in Form view, the included object always contains the form's Datasheet view.
    • If you send a report, the only controls that are included in the object are text boxes (for .xls files), or text boxes and labels (for .rtf, .txt, and .html files). All other controls are ignored. Header and footer information is also not included. The only exception to this is that when you send a report in Excel format, a text box in a group footer containing an expression with the Sum function is included in the object. No other control in a header or footer (and no aggregate function other than Sum) is included in the object.
    • Subreports are included in the object. Subforms are included when outputting to .asp, but only when outputting as a form (not a datasheet).
    • When you send a datasheet, form, or data access page in HTML format, one .html file is created. When you send a report in HTML format, one .html file is created for each page in the report.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:46 PM
  • I have a table with an attachment data type. I want that image attached to it will also be exported to excel. is it possible?

thank you.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:25 PM
  • Hi Ton,

when you manually export a table into Excel it is just the same as .SendObject method does. I can't test it but I'm almost (94%) sure that it isn't possible.

Thinking logically, you can have more than one file in your attachment field of the one record. They can be .pdf, .bmp etc. If I can imagine that Access can export images but how do you think it will export other files? :)

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Friday, January 28, 2011 9:57 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:25 AM