none
Passing parameter to @HTML_PREVIEW_LINK for Outlook email template

Frage

• I've been assigned the task of passing a parameter to our email template when a user clicks "Web Preview" in the message window pane. The problem is that I can find no documentation concerning how to accomplish this. I've currently set up the link as href="@HTML_PREVIEW_LINK&msgVersion=web". This however produces a "The Link has been disabled to protect your security" error message. Does anyone know where the documentation is for this property? I've tried looking but have been unable to find anything directly addressing this situation.
    Mittwoch, 7. März 2012 19:46

Antworten

• Hi Robert,

I'm not sure I fully understand your exactly scenario, so I think it would be helpful if you could explain this is in "end user" terms instead of what you are trying to do via your solution.

Oveall, Outlook does not really support active content in the body of e-mail message for various security reasons. The list of what HTML tags are supported by Word/Outlook is located here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338201(office.12).aspx

It sounds like you are wanting some kind of mail-merge-to-email functionality. If that is the case, then this is a feature that is built-in. However, it does have some limitations, so if you are running into one of those, there really is no way to add functionality to the built-in merge functionality. However, you could instead create a custom solution to dynamically generate the message body. In other words, by implementing a custom mail merge solution from scratch using the Outlook/Word object models.

But first, if you could expand a bit more on what you are trying to accomplish, that would be helpful.

Bill Jacob - Microsoft Customer Service & Support - Developer Messaging

• Als Antwort markiert Bruce Song Mittwoch, 4. April 2012 03:20
    Montag, 12. März 2012 17:43

Alle Antworten

• Hi rabosse,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Where the "Web Preview" is? Is it in the mail body or other place?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Donnerstag, 8. März 2012 07:52
  • It's in the mail body.

Robert

Donnerstag, 8. März 2012 16:45
  • Hi rabosse,

I searched all of the document which I can find, however I never find href's value begin with the character "@". And I tried to create a new mail item and fill you html code into its body. When I click it, nothing will happen. Would you share your mail as a msg file on skydrive for further research?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Freitag, 9. März 2012 03:08
  • Hi Robert,

I'm not sure I fully understand your exactly scenario, so I think it would be helpful if you could explain this is in "end user" terms instead of what you are trying to do via your solution.

Oveall, Outlook does not really support active content in the body of e-mail message for various security reasons. The list of what HTML tags are supported by Word/Outlook is located here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa338201(office.12).aspx

It sounds like you are wanting some kind of mail-merge-to-email functionality. If that is the case, then this is a feature that is built-in. However, it does have some limitations, so if you are running into one of those, there really is no way to add functionality to the built-in merge functionality. However, you could instead create a custom solution to dynamically generate the message body. In other words, by implementing a custom mail merge solution from scratch using the Outlook/Word object models.

But first, if you could expand a bit more on what you are trying to accomplish, that would be helpful.

Bill Jacob - Microsoft Customer Service & Support - Developer Messaging

• Als Antwort markiert Bruce Song Mittwoch, 4. April 2012 03:20
    Montag, 12. März 2012 17:43