Home | Office Dev Center | Office, SharePoint, Apps for Office and SharePoint, Office 365 APIs

Office Dev Center

Introducing Office 365 APIs Preview

Use single sign-on (SSO) for Office resources

Connect using REST and OAuth

Choose new APIs

The preview release of our new Office 365 APIs extend the platform that we introduced in Office 2013 to support the ability for both websites and native applications to consume Office 365 data.

Office 365 APIs Preview graphic

The story of apps

What are apps for SharePoint?

Apps are small, easy-to-use, stand-alone applications that solve a need for your users or business.

Site owners can install, upgrade, and uninstall them on their SharePoint sites without farm or site collection admins.

What are apps for Office?

Apps are web applications that extend what a document, email message, or meeting request can do in Office.

Run them in multiple environments like Office desktop applications, Office Online, and mobile browsers—in the cloud or on your site.

Why create apps

Build a new class of solutions with the App Model

Extend the way you create and use information from Office and SharePoint.

Deploy and maintain apps faster in the cloud

Use any hosting services to run and deploy them.

Use skills you have and tools you already know

HTML/CSS, JavaScript, PHP, or .NET, and web dev tools like Visual Studio.

Publish apps to your own app catalog

Or sell them in the Office Store.

none
Exclude null values with conditional formatting on an Excel 2007 pivot table

السؤال

• Hi,

I have Excel 2007 pivot table that is reading data from Access. I am trying to do conditional formatting on a numeric field  where between 0 and 5 it is green and greater than 5 it is red.  However, I want to exclude null values (I don't want them to turn green).  I do want a value of 0 to be green though.  I did between 0 and 5 for green but it turned the nulls green.  How can I exclude the nulls?

Chuck

Chuck W
    15/جمادى الأولى/1432 02:43 م

الإجابات

• Format the select cells as green if its value is between 0 and 5; Then click Conditional Formatting > New Rule > Select "Format only cells that contain" > in the drop down menu "Format only cells with:" select "Blanks" > Click "Format" > do what you like
    Qingping Cheng
    • تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة ChuWil 17/جمادى الأولى/1432 04:33 م
    17/جمادى الأولى/1432 04:56 ص

جميع الردود

• Add a rule that tests for cells whose value is equal to ="" and set the format to be standard (I assume no color).

Make this rule the first to be evaluated.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar
    15/جمادى الأولى/1432 03:08 م
  • Try This in "Use a formula to determine which values to format"

=IF(B5<>"",IF(B5<6,TRUE,FALSE),FALSE)

i have used this in one of my reports and working

Murali M
    16/جمادى الأولى/1432 12:24 م
  • Thanks for your help.  I am a novice when it comes to conditional formatting.  I selected "Manage Rules" and then selected "Edit Rule".  The Apply Rule to is set at =$AK$13:$AN$13 and Format only cells that contain is selected.  In the Edit the Rule Description I have Cell Value between =0 and =5.  The format is set to green.  How would I substitute your formula with what I currently have?

Chuck

Chuck W
    16/جمادى الأولى/1432 12:43 م
  • Format the select cells as green if its value is between 0 and 5; Then click Conditional Formatting > New Rule > Select "Format only cells that contain" > in the drop down menu "Format only cells with:" select "Blanks" > Click "Format" > do what you like
    Qingping Cheng
    • تم وضع علامة كإجابة بواسطة ChuWil 17/جمادى الأولى/1432 04:33 م
    17/جمادى الأولى/1432 04:56 ص
Home | Office Dev Center | Office, SharePoint, Apps for Office and SharePoint, Office 365 APIs

Office Dev Center

Introducing Office 365 APIs Preview

Use single sign-on (SSO) for Office resources

Connect using REST and OAuth

Choose new APIs

The preview release of our new Office 365 APIs extend the platform that we introduced in Office 2013 to support the ability for both websites and native applications to consume Office 365 data.

Office 365 APIs Preview graphic

The story of apps

What are apps for SharePoint?

Apps are small, easy-to-use, stand-alone applications that solve a need for your users or business.

Site owners can install, upgrade, and uninstall them on their SharePoint sites without farm or site collection admins.

What are apps for Office?

Apps are web applications that extend what a document, email message, or meeting request can do in Office.

Run them in multiple environments like Office desktop applications, Office Online, and mobile browsers—in the cloud or on your site.

Why create apps

Build a new class of solutions with the App Model

Extend the way you create and use information from Office and SharePoint.

Deploy and maintain apps faster in the cloud

Use any hosting services to run and deploy them.

Use skills you have and tools you already know

HTML/CSS, JavaScript, PHP, or .NET, and web dev tools like Visual Studio.

Publish apps to your own app catalog

Or sell them in the Office Store.