none
how to get some message before transfer a file

Question

• hi, i use some code to get something when others participants sending message

it's code:

var imModality = (Microsoft.Lync.Model.Conversation.InstantMessageModality)t.Modalities[ModalityTypes.InstantMessage];
                    imModality.InstantMessageReceived += new EventHandler<MessageSentEventArgs>(imModality_InstantMessageReceived);

in imModality_InstantMessageReceived,i can get something message ,such as ParticipantProperty.Name and do i want something.

but when other participants  transfer a file ,imModality_InstantMessageReceived No effect,how to get some message before transfer a file ,or how can i Monitor before transfer a file,so that i can do something 

some body have any idea?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:49 AM

Answers

• Lync 2010 SDK supports sending File Transfer through the APIs but not accepting it through the APIs. Receiving client has to be a Lync UI user and accept it in the CW.

Here is the code for sending file transfer

Automation _Automation = LyncClient.GetAutomation();

// Create a dictionary object to contain AutomationModalitySettings data pairs.
                Dictionary<AutomationModalitySettings, object> _ModalitySettings = new Dictionary<AutomationModalitySettings, object>();

AutomationModalities _ChosenMode = AutomationModalities.FileTransfer | AutomationModalities.InstantMessage;

// Store the file path as an object using the generic List class.
                string myFileTransferPath = string.Empty;
                // Edit this to provide a valid file path.
                myFileTransferPath = System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(textBoxFilePath.Text.Trim());

// Create a generic List object to contain a contact URI.
                String[] invitees = { textBoxTo.Text.Trim() };

// Adds text to toast and local user IMWindow text entry control.
                _ModalitySettings.Add(AutomationModalitySettings.FirstInstantMessage, "Sending a file.");
                _ModalitySettings.Add(AutomationModalitySettings.SendFirstInstantMessageImmediately, true);

// Add file transfer conversation context type
                _ModalitySettings.Add(AutomationModalitySettings.FilePathToTransfer, myFileTransferPath);

// Start the conversation.
                IAsyncResult ar =  _Automation.BeginStartConversation(
                    _ChosenMode
                    , invitees
                    , _ModalitySettings
                    , null
                    , null);

// Block UI thread until conversation is started.
                _Automation.EndStartConversation(ar);

Lync SDK Team - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 04, 2012 7:25 PM

All replies

• You could receive the message on other event handler related to the modality
    Friday, May 04, 2012 12:28 PM
  • Lync 2010 SDK supports sending File Transfer through the APIs but not accepting it through the APIs. Receiving client has to be a Lync UI user and accept it in the CW.

Here is the code for sending file transfer

Automation _Automation = LyncClient.GetAutomation();

// Create a dictionary object to contain AutomationModalitySettings data pairs.
                Dictionary<AutomationModalitySettings, object> _ModalitySettings = new Dictionary<AutomationModalitySettings, object>();

AutomationModalities _ChosenMode = AutomationModalities.FileTransfer | AutomationModalities.InstantMessage;

// Store the file path as an object using the generic List class.
                string myFileTransferPath = string.Empty;
                // Edit this to provide a valid file path.
                myFileTransferPath = System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(textBoxFilePath.Text.Trim());

// Create a generic List object to contain a contact URI.
                String[] invitees = { textBoxTo.Text.Trim() };

// Adds text to toast and local user IMWindow text entry control.
                _ModalitySettings.Add(AutomationModalitySettings.FirstInstantMessage, "Sending a file.");
                _ModalitySettings.Add(AutomationModalitySettings.SendFirstInstantMessageImmediately, true);

// Add file transfer conversation context type
                _ModalitySettings.Add(AutomationModalitySettings.FilePathToTransfer, myFileTransferPath);

// Start the conversation.
                IAsyncResult ar =  _Automation.BeginStartConversation(
                    _ChosenMode
                    , invitees
                    , _ModalitySettings
                    , null
                    , null);

// Block UI thread until conversation is started.
                _Automation.EndStartConversation(ar);

Lync SDK Team - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 04, 2012 7:25 PM
  • Hello,

so there is no way i could catch the event, that somebody is sending me a file? I do not want to receive it over API, i just want a notification that someone is sending me a file.

With InstantMessageReceived event i get the notification that somebody is sending me a text, and then i make my application blinking to notify the user.
    The same i would like to do, when somebody is sending me a file to transfer. Is this possible?

Thanks for all your help!

Best regards, Peter Korosec

Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:15 AM