none
Unable to Login to Office Communicator R2

Question

• Hi

Many of the Users are getting the following error when trying to Login to Office Communicator

“Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 cannot start. The product license may be expired because you are using a pre-release or evaluation copy of the program, the product key information may have been modified in your Windows registry. Please run Setup  to uninstall and then reinstall Office Communicator"

I believe that we have manually installed the product from a licensed Copy. Re-installing the product does not resolve the issue.

Any help will be of great help

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Apparently, this was a bug introduced by a patch that is installed by Windows Update to fix an issue in the CryptoAPI.  Please read the official information here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/974571

Oscar Newkerk Consultant
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:52 AM
  • Installing the fix resolved the problem. Thanks.

Monday, December 14, 2009 10:25 AM
  • I'm facing the same issue in windows 7, please help me to resolve this issue. The above KB article only pointing for XP OS.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:38 AM
  • Hello Mahesh,

I ran the fix, its working for me in Windows 7.

Please try...

Regards

RMK

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:27 PM
  • I got this error on my XP users , unfortunately , the fix didn't help much , but I found a way to bypass it by doing the follow :

First , Uninstall communicator client 2007

Second , Install Lync client 2010

Third , Uninstall Lync client 2010

Fourth , Reinstall communicator client 2007

Note , that XP must be SP3
    • Edited by Sub-Zero99 Monday, October 08, 2012 9:11 PM
    Monday, October 08, 2012 9:10 PM
  • Hello RMK, this post is so old but I am facing same problems and I cannot find the fix you are talking about... I get lost with all the information (I am a total useless person when it comes to this kinds of things) 

could you help me please?

thanks

paula

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:33 AM