OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

Windows Live Messenger Issues

Question

• I'm having some trouble with my Live Messenger. I was running it fine earlier today, and closed it for a while. Did not make any changes whatsoever to anything. I think I played a game for a bit (I close MSN everytime I play this game). When I tried to open messenger again, nothing happens. I double click, and nothing happens. When I open my task manager, I see a bunch of msnmsgr.exe's running. One new one appears each time I try to open messenger. (it may be important to note that the first one uses roughly 13,000 k, while each subsequent process uses around 7,000 k)

First I tried to run the repair feature on the messenger setup file. No luck. Then I tried to uninstall and reinstall, no luck. Of course I restarted between all the steps as it prompted me to. I tried Windows Messenger that comes default with XP, same problem. I even dug up MSN 4.6 and installed that, same problem. I've run spybot, ewido, ad-aware, and a full system scan with symantec and deleted the usual dozen files it finds. No luck. I've even googled this up and found sollutions regarding the windows registry, specifically HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\Policies
    I followed those steps, deleted the file, and still no luck.

Thanks for any help,
    Justin
    Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:37 AM

All replies

• An update: I just installed Messenger 7.5, and I can open it, but it freezes when it tries to log me in.
    Tuesday, May 08, 2007 3:28 AM
  • same thing just happened to me today.  It was working before, but not anymore.  I opened MSN but nothing happens, but it does show up in the Task manager (under Processes).  If I try to open MSN again, it will show up in the Process again.  I can have multiple copy of wsnmsgr.exe in the process, but it won't actually open....
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 12:23 AM
  •  

I got the exactly the same problem.

Anyone could give us a help ? Thanks

Saturday, November 03, 2007 12:28 PM
  • The problem has been resolved.

Please see the following link:

http://yz.blog.googlepages.com/home

Sunday, November 04, 2007 10:37 AM
  • where is the policies in registry  caqnt find it\\\lamaman\\
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:42 PM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.