Windows Live Messenger Issues

Question

• I'm having some trouble with my Live Messenger. I was running it fine earlier today, and closed it for a while. Did not make any changes whatsoever to anything. I think I played a game for a bit (I close MSN everytime I play this game). When I tried to open messenger again, nothing happens. I double click, and nothing happens. When I open my task manager, I see a bunch of msnmsgr.exe's running. One new one appears each time I try to open messenger. (it may be important to note that the first one uses roughly 13,000 k, while each subsequent process uses around 7,000 k)

First I tried to run the repair feature on the messenger setup file. No luck. Then I tried to uninstall and reinstall, no luck. Of course I restarted between all the steps as it prompted me to. I tried Windows Messenger that comes default with XP, same problem. I even dug up MSN 4.6 and installed that, same problem. I've run spybot, ewido, ad-aware, and a full system scan with symantec and deleted the usual dozen files it finds. No luck. I've even googled this up and found sollutions regarding the windows registry, specifically HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\Policies
    I followed those steps, deleted the file, and still no luck.

Thanks for any help,
    Justin
    Tuesday, May 08, 2007 2:37 AM

All replies

• An update: I just installed Messenger 7.5, and I can open it, but it freezes when it tries to log me in.
    Tuesday, May 08, 2007 3:28 AM
  • same thing just happened to me today.  It was working before, but not anymore.  I opened MSN but nothing happens, but it does show up in the Task manager (under Processes).  If I try to open MSN again, it will show up in the Process again.  I can have multiple copy of wsnmsgr.exe in the process, but it won't actually open....
    Wednesday, May 23, 2007 12:23 AM
  •  

I got the exactly the same problem.

Anyone could give us a help ? Thanks

Saturday, November 03, 2007 12:28 PM
  • The problem has been resolved.

Please see the following link:

http://yz.blog.googlepages.com/home

Sunday, November 04, 2007 10:37 AM
  • where is the policies in registry  caqnt find it\\\lamaman\\
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:42 PM