How Do I Uninstall The Live Search Engine ??????????

Question

• The ' Live Search ' has installed itself so how do I get my old MSN Search back ? This ' Live ' version doesn't work and shouldn't even be on my computer as I only have Win98 . The options menu only has ' Live ' to choose from . When I click on an item in the left hand side panel it changes to the web page  ( which I can't see properly for obvious reasons ) instead of the main window . When I have been asked if I want to instll anything I always check the system requirements and I definitely haven't installed this , therefore I have no option to remove it , it isn' t in my Add/Remove programs and when I use the ' Help ' website and click on uninstall I get a page saying the website can't be found !!!!!!!!!!   

Can someone please tell me what to look for so I can delete it . This is driving me nuts !!!

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 4:24 PM

Answers

• Sorry to hear about your issue.  This forum is designed for development and coding issues related to Windows Live.   This is a wrong forum for these kinds of questions and I will try my best shot here.  You might get better support on the Windows Live Help Central.  https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx

Are you talking about Windows Live Toolboar?  I did a quick search at the Windows Live Help Central and found this. 

Uninstall Windows Live Toolbar

To uninstall Windows Live Toolbar:
    1. On the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
    2. Click Windows Live Toolbar, and then click Remove.
    Note

You can also remove Windows Live Toolbar by clicking the arrow next to the Windows Live logo  

You could see a list of other Windows Live related end users support newsgroups and blogs here. 

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2207598&SiteID=1

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:48 PM

All replies

• Sorry to hear about your issue.  This forum is designed for development and coding issues related to Windows Live.   This is a wrong forum for these kinds of questions and I will try my best shot here.  You might get better support on the Windows Live Help Central.  https://account.live.com/HelpCentral.aspx

Are you talking about Windows Live Toolboar?  I did a quick search at the Windows Live Help Central and found this. 

Uninstall Windows Live Toolbar

To uninstall Windows Live Toolbar:
    1. On the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
    2. Click Windows Live Toolbar, and then click Remove.
    Note

You can also remove Windows Live Toolbar by clicking the arrow next to the Windows Live logo  

You could see a list of other Windows Live related end users support newsgroups and blogs here. 

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2207598&SiteID=1

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:48 PM
  •      Hi Joshua , thanks for your reply , but I haven't installed the toolbar , therefore it isn't in my ' Add/Remove ' . It seems as if the old MSN has become MSN LIVE even for the  '  Search ' options , in other words MSN Search just doesn't exist anymore , like support for Win98 doesn't , unfortunately .

I looked in my registry and the address is exactly the same as the old one but instead of the old MSN version , it is now the LIVE version and it just isn't working for me . I even deleted it from the registry but it still came back again .  I'm not sure but I think it is part of IE6  anyway , so even though I only have Win98 it seems that I am stuck with it . If I click on " Start" and then " Search the internet " to open Internet Explorer the LIVE version opens and I can't find a way of installing another search engine unless I change my browser to Firefox or something , but I've always used IE.  As soon as I click on a link down the left hand side panel because the panel becomes the web page I've lost all the other links so as you can see it is impossible to use .

Thanks anyway , and sorry about using the wrong forum . I had tried all the other options , including the ones you mentioned  , but they are all for the added toolbar , which you had to have installed in the first place and I  hadn't .

Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:07 AM