OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

is there a fix for the hotmail.email copy and paste???

Question

•  

Hello. I am wondering if there is some sort of a fix.

Ever since i have upgraded to hotmail live, I am no longer able to copy and paste. I see I'm able to copy and paste on this forum, but I'm not able to do so with the hotmail. And i cant disable my tabs that show all the options for typeing and colors , or putting the smily faces . I think you would call it the message tool bar. not sure tho.

so is there a fix for that?I have run into the same problem on all of my computers ever since i did the upgrade to hotmail live. So saying or asking what operating system i have I dont think is going to be any help, I have 2 computer's with Vista, and five with xp home and 1 with xp pro, and the problem is the same with all computers.

(three of the xp home computers will be upgraded to vista verry soon.Vista kicks butt... at first I wasnt so sure of it, but after using it for a bit , It's way better then xp ..Keep up the good work guys)

any hows just wondering what i can do so i can be able to do the copy and paste in hotmail email ...

thanks for your time

Kyle Z.  

Saturday, August 11, 2007 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hey

You have to use the keyboard controls... i.e. ctrl+c to copy ctrl+v to paste

easy now!

Sunday, August 19, 2007 3:51 PM
  • Vinzki,

Try your suggestion of ctrl+s etc using copy input from a email that you are preparing (not yet sent). Try pasting into  Word, Word 2000, or Word 2003, possible others. 

Pasteing to Notepad still works. so, it is posible to then do a copy from notepad and paste inot word.

Problem is that all formating is lost during the copy to notepad.

Why is this such a big deal?  Well first of it should work and does not. Second, sustaining connectivity during the composition of an email is always problematic. (that ought ot be fixed too, but it has been that way for years!) As a result of that connectivity loss, all of your scree data is frequently lost. (Wait it gets worse) Mickysoft suggests using frequent save drafts as a work arround. That doesn't always work. You have save 4 times, you are back in compose mode, and  have added or changed a signifigant portion, so you decide to save again. This time the connection to the server fails to do the write. Mickysoft is not good at error recovery, They know it and don't even leave your last sucessful save in -place. They scrub it all. Now all is lost!

Hence the need to copy from hotmail compose screen to Word or some other word processor. Word pad works a so do most NON Microsoft products. But, not MS/Word.

It is not that i think that you were trying to do a put down of the original poster, it is that if you probably have not experienced what he is reporting.  Let us stick together and help each other, beceause we never get it from the MS help line.

That statment of fact comes from many years and thus the author name:

Skeptical or some variation.    

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 3:40 AM
  • MickySoft's Live Hotmail flips the equivalent of the HIDDEN TEXT switch during the COPY.  The subsequent paste to a MickySoft product that is sensitive to the switch obscures your paste although it did in fact take place.

It may have been intentional to promote version upgrades.

If unintentional, allow approximately 18 months to fix.

Also-Skeptical

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:53 AM
  • This is a very old thread but I hae found that if you copy the text from Hotmail and then paste into a "Notepad" document it WILL paste.  You then can copy THAT text and put it into a Word document etc.

Q.C.
    Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:54 PM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.