About Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta

Question

• I've heard about new live messenger version 9.0 beta but there is no information about this version so I need to learn something about it and I've heard that it is downloadable with invite so who can invite o others invites send according to what?
    Sunday, November 04, 2007 12:45 PM

Answers

• Windows Live Messenger 9.0 is not yet available. The Beta hasn't even begun yet, so now you can't get it via download.

Sorry

~Salem
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:31 PM

All replies

• Windows Live Messenger 9.0 is not yet available. The Beta hasn't even begun yet, so now you can't get it via download.

Sorry

~Salem
    Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:31 PM
  •  

Hello from the Windows Live Messenger Team!

We've been hard at work building the foundation for Windows Live Messenger 9.0, we'd like to give you a look at what we've built and ask what you think. We're running a small private beta to get early feedback on the new features we've built and get wider test coverage of the build.

As a beta tester you'll have access to an early 9.0 build, a private newsgroup just for Windows Live Messenger beta testers, and the ability to send bugs directly to the product team. The build you'll be beta testing with is a very early build, so it may be less stable than beta builds you've tried in the past. We're telling you this upfront so you know what you're getting into. If you're not sure about trying a not-quite polished build, maybe this beta isn't for you. If you're ready to dig in and explore this build with us, follow the below instructions to nominate yourself.

1. Go to http://connect.microsoft.com
    2. Click "Invitation" in the left nav pane
    3. Enter this invitation ID: ~wahahaha~
    4. Click Go
    5. Fill out the nomination survey

We'll review all survey responses and accept as many people into the beta as we can. Look for mail from us soon!

We look forward to hearing from you!
    The Windows Live Messenger Team

Receiving e-mail messages from programs in which you are a participant is a mandatory part of your participation on Microsoft Connect. You can end your participation in a program at any time by visiting the My Participation (http://connect.microsoft.com/myparticipation.aspx) page and choosing "Decline Participation" for that program. If you do not wish to receive non-program related e-mails from Microsoft Connect, change the contact preference you have set on Your Microsoft Connect Profile (http://connect.microsoft.com/profile.aspx). This is an unmonitored e-mail address, so do not reply to this message.

then.. what are these?

Thursday, November 22, 2007 1:22 AM
  • Yes, the Beta invitations have been sent out late Tuesday night (GMT). At the time I posted my reply, the Beta hadn't begun yet. This has of course changed, and the Beta of version 9.0 will begin shortly.
    Thursday, November 22, 2007 8:39 AM
  • ya i received it at 21 nov 2007 7am (GMT+8)

still waiting for invite approval. hope to see great changes in WLM

sorry for the confusion.. have a great day

Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:23 AM
  • I've just applied for the Live beta testing Big Smile

I hope i'll get an approval ^^

Windows Live for Life! Big Smile

Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:50 PM
  • I wish you both luck in getting into the new Beta. Hope to see you in the Beta soon Smile

~Salem(@)
    Friday, November 23, 2007 8:33 AM
  •  

I received my invite, but deleted it by accident.  Anyone now how I go about getting the e-mail resent??
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 7:42 PM
  • where did your invitation mail come from? or you want from which url ?
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 7:53 PM
  • As far as i'm aware, there is now way to have Microsoft resend the Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta invitation e-mail

At the moment there is now way you can manually sign-up for the Beta without having an invitation directly from Microsoft

~Salem
    Sunday, November 25, 2007 8:05 PM
  •  

I've tried putting the code and it said its in valid. plzz help me. this is what it said

The invitation code you entered is invalid, assigned to another person, or else the program is no longer accepting invitations.
    Invitation ID

If you have been issued an Invitation ID by Microsoft, please enter the ID in the Invitation ID box.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:17 PM
  • That's because ~wahahaha~ is not the Invitation ID to get into Windows Live MEssenger 9 Beta

The original poster has edited it to remove the invitation ID given to him in the e-mail.
    Tuesday, November 27, 2007 5:23 PM
  •  Ac3theone wrote:

I've tried putting the code and it said its in valid. plzz help me. this is what it said

The invitation code you entered is invalid, assigned to another person, or else the program is no longer accepting invitations.
    Invitation ID

If you have been issued an Invitation ID by Microsoft, please enter the ID in the Invitation ID box.

haha.. i just snipped the ID from original of course, as this is limited private beta.

well.. the good thing is, one of my friend and I who uses the same invite ID has been approved!

glad to be using it. the only thing regret is the UI.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:15 AM
  • so what can i do to have invitation ???!
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:36 AM
  • There's nothing you can do to get an invitation. At least not now. Only Microsoft could send them to you.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:37 AM
  • That's pretty ignorant of the monopoly.  Get some info on this and it's limited?  That's the reason why people run to Apple.  Comeon guys, don't make me regret ever spending money on the products.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:22 AM
  • You need to remember though that this is an early Beta. It's far from the products final launch (which is currently scheduled for about this time next year). I'm almost certain Apple don't make early Beta's of their products available to everybody.

The beta will most probably open up more as time goes on, so you may be able to get the Beta at a later date. For now though you'l have to stick to 8.5
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 11:27 AM
  • Hi, i was invited into the beta and downloaded and installed. Problem signing in, aparently being blocked by firewall but this certainly isn't the case.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:41 PM
  • Hi, how can I download this beta?

Friday, November 30, 2007 10:25 PM
  •  XL-DJK wrote:

That's pretty ignorant of the monopoly.  Get some info on this and it's limited?  That's the reason why people run to Apple.  Comeon guys, don't make me regret ever spending money on the products.

It is limited so testing on the software will be in better form. Can you imagine if you setup a new server that has a new function, but a unlimited Beta, then it will have too much people sign in then interrupts the whole process?

WLM is FREE OF CHARGE. Please remember.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 12:43 AM
  •  bobby2000 wrote:
    Hi, i was invited into the beta and downloaded and installed. Problem signing in, aparently being blocked by firewall but this certainly isn't the case.

You may try install this on another clean PC. It might be your connection too! My sign-in in multiple places are fine.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 12:46 AM
  •  Shin-chan wrote:

Hi, how can I download this beta?

You cannot download this beta unless you are a beta tester of this build, or the beta is becoming a public beta

Saturday, December 01, 2007 12:47 AM
  •  

Service:
      Windows Live Messenger

What type of problem do you have?
    I cannot sign in [I cannot sign in]

I am getting an error [I am getting an error]

80072EE7 [80072EE7]

Full Name:
       mohamed hamdy nasr

What e-mail address would you like a response sent to?
       seamanvip@hotmail.com

Primary e-mail address/member ID associated with the account you are inquiring about:
       seamanvip@hotmail.com

Be specific when describing your problem. The details that you include enable us to promptly send you the most likely solution to your issue.
       i was install WLM 9 beta but i get the error 80072EE7 when trying to sign in so i uninstall that version and installed my Previous version 2008(build 8.5.1302.1018) but that also show me the same error and that version was work with me before setup 9 beta
    thx

Which Version of Messenger are you running? (Within Messenger, click the ''Help'' menu and then select ''About'' to find the current version.)
       Windows Live Messenger 2008 [Windows Live Messenger 2008]

Frequency of the issue:
       Always present [Always present]

Where are you trying to connect from?
       Home [Home]

If you have a firewall, which one?
       None [None]

Type of Internet connection:
       DSL [DSL]

Which operating system are you using?Windows XP: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Media Center PC 3.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04324.17)

Which browser are you using: IE7

Type of Support: E-mail Support

Browser Default Language: en-US
    Saturday, December 01, 2007 1:17 AM
  • ok thank's, another question: how can I become a beta terster of this build?

Saturday, December 01, 2007 1:14 PM
  • There is a bug on the contact list. If you double click on a contact when they are offline it will open a browser window, Prompting to sign in regardless of being signed in or not.
    Sunday, December 02, 2007 6:07 AM
  •  DecoX wrote:
    There is a bug on the contact list. If you double click on a contact when they are offline it will open a browser window, Prompting to sign in regardless of being signed in or not.

No i don't see this. This is NOT a bug.

I saw the offline messaging, unless that person just added me, or haven't approve my invite, then it will go to the Email page.

Shin-chan wrote:

ok thank's, another question: how can I become a beta terster of this build?

Microsoft will send you invite, if you are one of the beta tester before for this Windows Live product. You may try your luck at ideas.live.com

eventually they will send you invite, or you can use the Invite ID that leaked to the public.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:27 AM
  • You can't become a Beta Tester of the current Messenger 9.0 build as Microsoft are no longer accepting new testers.
    Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:55 AM
  •  

i found this site where u can download a beta of messenger 9.0 http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-Live-Messenger-9-Download-89148.html 
    Sunday, December 09, 2007 10:35 AM
  • I never recieved an invite for beta testing WLM 9 beta. I had signed-up at ideas.live.com for the WLM 8 beta and had participated in the beta test when it came out.

Sunday, December 16, 2007 3:04 AM
  •  

Thank' s for the help!
    Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:10 PM
  •  Bigsteve30 wrote:

i found this site where u can download a beta of messenger 9.0 http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-Live-Messenger-9-Download-89148.html 

No Download links are available for that link
    Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:59 PM
  • I download sometimes ago WLM 9.0 Beta from that link, now I don't know why the download isn' t possible.

Monday, December 31, 2007 12:11 AM
  • yah that is right... the link is not available anymore

Saturday, January 05, 2008 7:21 PM
  •  

Hello,

I just wanted to say that you are right, WLM 9 is still not available for download yet, But it is available for the Beta testers. So if you know how to be a beta tester please reply me as soon as possible.

Thank you...

Thaer Kilani

tmkilani@hotmail.com

24/7 online

Friday, February 08, 2008 10:40 AM
  • Hi

Yes, Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta is only available to Beta testers. Unfortunately, you can no longer apply to become a Beta tester for Windows Live Messenger 9.0, at least not for this stage of the Beta.

But, as the Beta progresses, it'll more probably open up abit more. Either with people being able to apply to Beta test again in the next phase of the Beta, or it becoming (semi-)public.

But, again at this stage you cannot sign-up for the Beta. Sorry

~Salem
    Microsoft Windows Live Butterfly
    Friday, February 08, 2008 10:51 AM
  • HEY WUZUP DID YOU ALREADY GOT THE Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta??? IF YOU DONT , JUST SEND ME A MESAGE I GOT IT AND I GOT THE PAGE WHERE YOU CAN GET IT

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:48 AM
  • Please send URL or invitation to my email....reneemarinemom@hotmail.com

Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:07 AM
  • Windows Live Messenger is not available for download (at least not legally) without being an official Beta Tester and receiving an invitation directly from Microsoft. Also, current Beta testers are unable to send out invitations at this stage of the beta.
    Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:18 PM
  • the invitation id is invalid, i have been searching everywhere for windows live meesnenger 9, it said that the invitation id was used by someone else

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:50 PM
  •  hpblair wrote:

the invitation id is invalid, i have been searching everywhere for windows live meesnenger 9, it said that the invitation id was used by someone else

Sorry to say this but, each Invitation ID can only be used by one person, additionally, each Invitation ID is allocated to a specific Windows Live ID account, so only that account can use that Invitation ID to apply for the Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta.

Another thing is that for this stage of the Beta, you could only join the Beta by receiving an Invitation directly from Microsoft (who, as I said, will alocate the Invitation ID to your Live ID account before sending you the invitation e-mail). However, another thing to remember that, for this stage of the Beta at least, not everyone who received an Invitation email and applied for the Beta would've gotten into the Beta. For this part of the Beta Microsoft were looking for a cerain number of Beta testers. Unfortunately, that number had been reached within a day of the invitation e-mails being sent out. So for now, no new applicants are being accepted into the Beta. This will however most probably change as the Beta progresses.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:46 AM
  • wen will it be open

Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:50 PM
  • No timeframe on the development of Windows Live Messenger 2009 (version 9.0) has bee given, so it is therfore unknown when the Beta will expand to more users
    Monday, April 21, 2008 7:32 AM
  • I have tried Windows Messenger 9.0 Beta, there are just few changes in compare to version 2008 (8.5)"current version".

and yes that is right there is no timeframe..

we hava planty of time cuz windows live messneger 9 is for 2009 maybe a end of this year ...

there are a lot to do to make WLM 9 better.. it is still full of error....

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 2:24 PM
  •  Salem874 wrote:
    Windows Live Messenger 9.0 is not yet available. The Beta hasn't even begun yet, so now you can't get it via download.

Sorry

~Salem
    Friday, May 02, 2008 7:59 AM
  •  

Any word about how to come in beta ?

I want it now :-)

Saturday, May 31, 2008 2:15 PM
  • Hi, I am using WL 9.0 and still have the installtion file if you would like it.
    Monday, July 07, 2008 5:06 PM
  •  danielchenery wrote:
    Hi, I am using WL 9.0 and still have the installtion file if you would like it.

Need the invite to....

Monday, July 07, 2008 5:58 PM
  • The Beta has now temporarily closed.
    Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:50 AM
  • http://www.hotshare.net/en/file/56453-2353246d8c.html
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 5:01 AM
  • hay el msn live en español???... pasense el link

Thursday, July 24, 2008 12:03 AM
  •  

I tried to download the WLM9 but I should have to send a SMS to get it....

do you know if now is it available? is it still in testing?

thanks

alecasper@msn.com

Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:36 AM
  • Monday, September 08, 2008 9:26 PM
  •  aLeCaSpEr wrote:

I tried to download the WLM9 but I should have to send a SMS to get it....

do you know if now is it available? is it still in testing?

thanks

alecasper@msn.com

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply...

Please note that the first Windows Live Messenger 9 Beta has closed, and has been closed for a couple of months now. A new Beta is expected to begin really soon (Windows Live Messenger 2009 Beta). Also, please be aware that any website asking for payment in order to download Windows Live Messenger (whether a Beta version or a publicly available) is illegal. It is illegal for one of two reasons:
    1. Public versions of Windows Live Messenger are FREE! It is against the License to charge for redistribution
    2. Private Beta version are only to be used by legitimate Windows Live Messenger Beta testers, as chosen by Microsoft. Use of the Private Beta builds (version) by any unauthorised persons is illegal.
    So, actually, any service offering Windows Live Messenger 9 is breaking both the above mentioned license rules.

Again, currently, the publicly available version of Windows Live Messenger is Windows Live Messenger 2008 (version 8.5)

Hope i was of help.

~Salem
    Microsoft Windows Live Butterfly
    Tuesday, September 09, 2008 6:31 PM
  • Hi Windows Live Messenger 9 Beta is available for download. The link is as follows:
    http://lirent.net/host/Windows-Live-Messenger-9-Beta.html
    Friday, September 19, 2008 4:42 AM
  • Public beta announced at http://download.live.com/messenger/ if you wish to try...
    Friday, October 03, 2008 11:01 AM
  • Good luck to everyone!

have a great day!

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 6:50 AM
  • I wanna test The New WLM 9 !

plz..
    Tuesday, October 07, 2008 1:58 PM
  • I think you can download from msn homepage now.
    Nothing is impossible
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:59 AM
  • I've heard about new live messenger version 9.0 beta but there is no information about this version so I need to learn something about it and I've heard that it is downloadable with invite so who can invite o others invites send according to what?
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:28 PM