none
"JavaScript required to sign-in". Trying new Live SDK on Win phone

Question

• Hello. I just downloaded and installed the new live SDK and wrote a small app for windows phone using C#.

I have basically copied the sample provided in the Getting started\Windows phone apps section of LiveConnectPrelim.chm.

Now, when I run the app on the windows phone emulator and click on the sign-in button in my application, it gives me the following error,

Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.

I check the IE setting on the phone emulator and it has no options for turning scripting on or off.

Please help!

Monday, October 10, 2011 6:09 PM

Answers

• Hello. I just downloaded and installed the new live SDK and wrote a small app for windows phone using C#.

I have basically copied the sample provided in the Getting started\Windows phone apps section of LiveConnectPrelim.chm.

Now, when I run the app on the windows phone emulator and click on the sign-in button in my application, it gives me the following error,

Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.

I check the IE setting on the phone emulator and it has no options for turning scripting on or off.

Please help!

This sounds like a known bug with a pre-final version of the Windows Phone developer tools. Can you confirm that you are using the final release version of the Windows Phone tools? 
    Monday, October 10, 2011 6:31 PM

All replies

Please help!

This sounds like a known bug with a pre-final version of the Windows Phone developer tools. Can you confirm that you are using the final release version of the Windows Phone tools? 
    Monday, October 10, 2011 6:31 PM
  • I had the Beta2 version of Windows Phone SDK 7.1. As soon as I upgraded to the final version, the problem disappeared.

Awesome!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:00 AM