OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

Regrding logging in and Signout error

Question

•  

As we are building our website www.gjimt.in from scratch for Microsoft's "GOALIVECHALLENGE"  and we are finding some problems in login and logout for user authentication as i have put code which is given in the sample web authentication using language ASP.NET(i am using same code given in asp.net sample code) and change application ID and secure ID and uploaded these pages to HTTP DOCS ie on the web server but we are finding errors as...

1) When we click sign in the form will direct to live login form but we put any live id it will redirect to GJIMT.in and show signout text so how can we restrict user who have only gjimt.in ID ie if user sign in from other account he/she will not be redirect to www.gjimt.in

2)
    When we click on sign out then the attached page is displayed and when we click on done then only it redirect to the website page i.e. www.gjimt.in

http://img73927.pictiger.com/images/15566186/

3) How can we implement login form?

4) where to upload there files?

5) Which files are needed ? as i have upload all the files given in sample page but page is not working fine.

is this possible that we put username and password in our own page and it will check at liveid that username exist or not

well mine sign in and signout problem is solved as i have changed my return address from index.aspx to webauthhandler.aspx

thnx to MVM in signin/signout error topic

but now i have problem as sometimes it will not return to my website when i logout

and stays at www.msn.com

what might be the reason behind this and one more thing this code will not restrict users who dont have gjimt.in ID's and people can login to the website from any live id

what is the solution for this

Sunday, June 08, 2008 1:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The sign out-page occurs when signing out fails - this was due to the invalid return address.

It's not possible to build your own login form and have it authenticate against the Live ID-servers, as it's not certain that you won't do other things with the form. There is a cobranding option for Windows Live ID, but not with Web Auth, you'll need the Relying Party Suite (RPS) SDK for that. RPS is much more complex than WL ID, however. If you need RPS, contact Jorgen Thelin about this - jthelin hatesspamsoremovethis at microsoft dot com - he'll be able to help you.

You can make an association between the received Live UUID and the ID's in your database. If there's no association yet, offer the user the ability to create a new account. LiveSide is doing this, for example, by using the Live ID-plugin from NBdev. LiveSide is built on Community Server, they're using a plugin to authenticate with Live ID. You can see download it here: http://www.codeplex.com/CSLive, and it might inspire you.

I'm not sure why you're redirected back to msn.com, but I think that happens when there is no cookie left: you're asking the system to sign you out, when you already have. Live ID then decides to redirect the user to MSN.com instead of the originating website.
    Monday, June 09, 2008 4:05 PM
  • Hii alex thnx for replying

As i have created this page and see yours reply by then i have read all the topics in live id develpoment section and found many answers to my problem

thnx to your signin/signout faq which solved my problen

but now the main thing is that we are creating this for our college website and we want to authenticate users who only have the college email ID's(like username@abccollege.com)  so how can this be implemented ie by using web authentication or delegated authentication

As if any user can access webpage thn there is no fun in creating and giving them college email ID's

currently i m using webauthentication

thnx
    Monday, June 09, 2008 5:47 PM
  • You may want to take a look at the the Live@Edu program, which is being used by many universities and colleges

Live @ edu :: The Future of Student Collaboration - http://www.liveatedu.com/

Live@Edu Blog - http://edublogger.spaces.live.com/

Monday, June 16, 2008 11:37 PM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.