Windows Live Messenger and XP 64 Bit

Question

• Hey all

now i know microsoft probably dont even read this. but i just had to say something because im shocked and appauled

I am a windows XP 64 Bit user. yes, i know XP Pro 64 bit the discountinued Product 

But frankly, i love it. 

And i dont want to change to windows 7 at the moment, but when i went to download Messenger 2011. "windows server 2003 and XP 64 bit is not supported" 

After doing some extensive research, it turns out theres no plans to support XP 64 Bit in the future and the present

This is appauling. i love Messenger and have a need to use it. and i dont have the money right now, or need to upgrade or downgrade my OS to 32 Bit XP

64 Bit isnt the most popular system, but it is used, and we deserve some more support, and a service pack 3 at least

give us the support we deserve microsoft.

Regards

nankura

/start petition - common people lets get em!

Sunday, October 17, 2010 11:16 PM

All replies

• I completely agree. When we bought the X64 systems we had many problems dealing with incompatibilities, sometimes getting new drivers and sometimes buying new hardware or software. Then, these computers were not robust enough for Vista or Windows 7 but we do not want to waste all our effort and money.

Alvaro Ivan

Friday, March 25, 2011 4:27 PM