OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

Sign In for Windows Messenger - Error Code:81000378 - Contact List Not Available

Question

• New ID for Windows Messenger receiving error code:81000378 showing contact list not available...  any idea on how to fix?  THX

Sunday, December 30, 2007 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi.

This forum is for developer.
    You might check for the Windows Live Help. If you type in "81000378" in the search box, you can see the help related to the error.
    Sunday, December 30, 2007 2:23 PM
  •  

The link that you posted doesn't help me in any way of solving this problem with error code 81000378, nothing I seem to do works.
    Wednesday, February 06, 2008 2:02 PM
  • i have the exact same problem. (error 81000378) ive tryed absolutly everything except a reinstall of windows:
    opening various sugested, reinstall, trying without firewall or virus protection .....
    surely this is a problem that is affecting many people ?
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:56 PM
  • hi use this software for fix error MSN E-Fix http://www.altroblog.com/2008/01/24/risolvi-gli-errori-di-msn-messenger-con-msn-e-fix/
    if resolve please post a feedback.
    • Proposed as answer by goldambassador Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:41 AM
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 1:04 AM
  • Good stuff, not sure what happend

-i uninstalled windows live,

-followed these steps :

If you are using Windows Live Messenger on Windows Vista, click on Start and type in each command one at a time in the Windows Vista search box located on the Start menu.  For Windows XP click on START, select RUN and type in each command below one at a time and click the OK button. After each command is executed successfully, you will receive a "DllRegisterServer succeeded" message. Wait until you receive this message before you run the next command.
    • REGSVR32 softpub.dll 
    • REGSVR32 wintrust.dll 
    • REGSVR32 initpki.dll 
    • REGSVR32 Rsaenh.dll 
    • REGSVR32 Mssip32.dll 
    • REGSVR32 Cryptdlg.dll 
    • REGSVR32 Dssenh.dll 
    • REGSVR32 Gpkcsp.dll 
    • REGSVR32 Slbcsp.dll 
    • REGSVR32 Sccbase.dll

-then installed windows messenger 5.0, and it worked.
    - downloaded the MSNEFix and ran that
    - re installed windows live
    and bobs your uncle im back online again.
    Thanks for the link much appreciated
    Craig
    Tuesday, February 19, 2008 5:42 PM
  •  

Well .... for the error message I got 81000378 after installing WLM9 beta... did the same WITHOUT INSTALLING WLM9 ....

• REGSVR32 softpub.dll
    • REGSVR32 wintrust.dll
    • REGSVR32 initpki.dll
    • REGSVR32 Rsaenh.dll
    • REGSVR32 Mssip32.dll
    • REGSVR32 Cryptdlg.dll
    • REGSVR32 Dssenh.dll
    • REGSVR32 Gpkcsp.dll
    • REGSVR32 Slbcsp.dll
    • REGSVR32 Sccbase.dll

through RUN ..... have to do seperately one by one .and then it worked... contact list came back with a sign in ..

the system is XP2
    Cheers :))

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:43 AM
  • U have to download 2 patches and install them to be able to log into the new windows live messenger. the 1st one is msvcrt and the other one is also a windows installer package  called contacts. U install both of these  EXE files and it will get rid of  error 81000378 windows live messenger not available try again later. I googled my but off and many of the fixes were going into the registry 1. run 2 regedit  3 changing a value on a Hkey config. and it didnt work. there was another one typing something in run to update registry and that also didnt work. IF u cant find the patches googleing.  U can email me at 00tonytone@optonline.net and i will send U both patches and I guarantee it will let u log into windows live messenger. they are kind of hard to find googleing.
           all U have to do is run these 2 patches and reboot and windows live messenger will log in. with windows XP and windows 7. I dont know about windows vista I havent tried vista because i dont like that operating system, Im not alone many of the customers i have that i work on there PC's downgrade from vista to xp because vista is garbage. Microsoft knows its garbage, thats why they came out with windows 7. to many complains and difficult updates and drivers installations with vista, its pure garbage. the only positive about vista is U can update the latest direct x  which is really for gamers and U can live without it. direct x 9 works fine.
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:04 AM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.