none
Bing Maps WPF control - update PushPin location using events on different thread

Question

• I am creating an application using the Bing Mpas WPF control that needs to display a variable number of Pushpins. The number and identity of the Pushpins varyover time (data from a database or binding) and the location of each pushpin needs to be adjusted using information coming from a number of GPS streams running in a separate (background) scanning thread.

The changes in GPS data generate location update events, and I need the Pushpins to move accordingly. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get around the problem of cross-threading errors. I am using the MVVM design model. Any suggestions?

Saturday, February 04, 2012 4:33 PM

Answers

• Try this:

this.MyMap.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority.Normal,

newAction( delegate()

{

Pushpinpin = newPushpin();

pin.Location =

newLocation( latitude, longitude );

pin.ToolTip = incident.Text511;

this.MyMap.Children.Add( pin );

}

) );

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:48 PM

All replies

• Try this:

this.MyMap.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority.Normal,

newAction( delegate()

{

Pushpinpin = newPushpin();

pin.Location =

newLocation( latitude, longitude );

pin.ToolTip = incident.Text511;

this.MyMap.Children.Add( pin );

}

) );

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:48 PM
  • Thanks steve - I have now used a slight variant of your suggestion, using the Dispatcher, and it works fine.

I now have multiple pushpins jumping all over the map in real time, just as planned!

Sleepwalker

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:12 AM