none
Problem signing into skydrive acc from windows store app

Question

• Someone please help me. i couldn sign into my skydrive acc with my app. i use live sdk version 5.4 . i am using the following code to signin and upload files to skydrive...

LiveAuthClient authclient = new LiveAuthClient();
    LiveLoginResult loginresult = await authclient.LoginAsync(new List<String> { "wl.login", "wl.basic", "wl.skydrive","wl.upload" });

for uploading

LiveConnectClient client = new LiveConnectClient(loginresult.Session);

LiveOperationResult upresult = await client.BackgroundUploadAsync(file.Path, file.Name, file, OverwriteOption.DoNotOverwrite);

i created a package and associated with live connect services... When i run my app i am getting 

LiveAuthException with a message 

"The app is not configured correctly to use Live Connect services. To configure your app, please follow the instructions on http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=220871."

What do i do now???

Thanks in advance!!

Friday, August 09, 2013 5:06 PM

All replies

• Are you sure you followed all of the instructions at the link?

Carl Hirschman

Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:11 AM
  • yes i have done everything expect specifying thr redirect uri. i left it blank since it is for web apps.

And while creating app package for store , the following windows is displayed

Here the package identity in the store is none. Is this a problem?? 

What could have gone wrong??

Saturday, August 10, 2013 4:28 AM
  • Where did you provision your app?  The Live Connect app management site or the Windows Store Dashboard?  Only applications provisioned in the Windows Store dashboard can be used for Windows 8 apps - from the documentation:

"Note  Do not go to the Live Connect app management site. That site is not designed to get package identities for Windows Store apps."

Carl Hirschman

Sunday, August 11, 2013 7:08 PM
  • I have provisioned my app in the Windows Store Dashboard. i clicked on edit in the app tile there. I clicked on the "services" tab. From there i went to live services site. There i went through all the 3 steps given there for live services. 

Should i have to provide that client secret and package security identifier generated anywhere in the app package??

Monday, August 12, 2013 4:29 AM
  • App secret should never be used on any client side. It is designed for server scenario, e.g. asp.net or php server.

Can you go to dashboard, then click edit on your App, then click Services tab on the left, then Live Services site, then Identifying your app, then check the data under "Set your app's identity values manually" match the Identity node in your AppManifest.xml file?

Also, are you seeing your app on https://manage.dev.live.com site?

Lin Wang

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:23 PM
  • Yes the data under "set your app's identity values manually" match the identity node in  AppManifest.xml file and i can see my app in  https://manage.dev.live.com site. 

There is something somewhere i am missing.

Is that the problem with the codes which i have mentioned above or will that be a problem with redirect uri?

i didnt give any redirect uri.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:54 AM