OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.

Problems with LifeCam VX-3000

Question

• I tried installing it on new computer running Vista.  The software installed, but when it tired to install the USB driver it didn't recognise the installation disk.

It also did an online search and told me that no appropriate drivers were available.

I then installed the drivers manually from the disk, but an error message stil tells me that it is an inapprorpriate driver, so nothing works.

Looking on the Microsoft site I could find anything helpful, such as patches or drivers, only other disgruntled customers.

Friday, June 22, 2007 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi, I also run Vista (32 bit) and have just recently installed the Microsoft Lifecam VX 3000 on my computer.  My system automatically installed the Vista driver.  However, prior to installing .... just in case my system wouldn't do an automatic installation of the Vista driver, I found this one on a Microsoft site.  Try this .... and good luck!

www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/DownloadResult.aspx2prod=VX3000&os=vista32bit

Monday, June 25, 2007 7:08 PM
  • I have posted this in another thread as well, but those version 1.3 software/drivers won't work for me.

The software installs fine, but after a reboot and asking me to plug in the camera I get problems.
    It says the correct section in the INF file isn't found, so it won't install at all.
    It just asks me to connect the camera eery single time I (re)boot my computer....

I even tried selecting the specific INF file (even for XP) but I keep getting the same error.
    So, I still can't use the damn thing.
    Pretty annoying.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:02 PM
  • You're not alone Stick out tongue

I have the same problems, Windows Vista home Edition.

Installed lifecam 1.3 from

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/digitalcommunication/DownloadResult.aspx?prod=VX3000&os=vista64bit&lang=en&driverVersion=LifeCam%201.3%2032-bit%20and%2064-bit%20for%20Windows%20Vista

installs fine, but when you plug in the cam the installation just doesn't continue the window that advices you to plug in the cam doesn't go away. The Windows found new hardware manager begins and even if you point the manager to the catalog file on your system it still says that the driver is in compatible with the hardware. Tried all drivers that came with lifecam 1.3 software and the installation disc that comes with the software.

...more like deadcam 1.3

I think Microsoft kind of messed up on Vista and a lot of devices. If you ask me I don't think Vista was quite ready for the release yet Wink

deadlines deadlines deadlines T_T

I am also very annoyed at this.

Friday, August 10, 2007 1:06 PM
  •  

I  have  Windows Vista Premium Edition 64. I try all drivers from microsoft site for VX-3000 , and stil does not work. Can some one help me with this
    Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:08 PM
  • When I had my original problem I kept uninstalling the file and then reinstalling it.  I still don't know what I did, but it is now working fine.  Sorry that I can't be of more help.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:30 PM
  • Could you please try to remember what you did to fix this problem with lifecam. I purchased it today. (lifecam vx-3000) and am having problems with the driver. I went into device manager and tried to update the driver but all it said was that it did not have one to update. So I unstalled the software and tried again. Still prob. I have vista home basic 32 bit. I had a logitech communications stx but was having probs with it so decided to get another. I dont know why I wasted my money on a new webcam when I cant get either to work.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 6:04 AM
  • I have only vague memories as last year was a traumatic computer year.  Fist my XP machine burnt out.  I then had to come to grips with Vista and once I had dozens of software up and running Vista crashed on me.  I spent 3 days on the phone all day with the Microsoft Help Desk to sort things out.  The did a great job, but it highlighted how little they know about their own operating system, so what hope do we mortals have.  After 25 years of trying to cope with Windows I may draw the curtains and switch to Apple.  My son and daughter-in-law each got new Apples recently.  I was there when they took the machines out of the box and within a few minutes it recognised the internet connection and the wireless printer and they were up and running.  So why do the rest of have to spend weeks installing a computer and it still doesn't work properly?

OK I had my rave.  What I think I did was to unistal the previous version of LifeCam and any other versions of similar software.  I then restarted the computer and dowloaded the LifeCam software LifeCam1_3VX.exe.  You have to follow the instructions on when you plug things in etc.
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:03 AM
  • Saturday, July 19, 2008 6:27 AM
  • Hi all,

Not sure if this will help...

...I have a VX-3000 lifecam on an XP machine. The initial install went fine and the camera was recognized. No problems.

However, once I turned the computer off, and then every reboot after that, the camera was not recognized and Windows launched the Found New Hardware wizard each time.

The only way I have been able to overcome this is by connecting the camera to the computer via an external USB hub. Previously is was connected directly the the back of the PC (mobo USB port).

If your problem sounds similar to this, I would suggest connecting via a USB hub and trying that.

Cheers,

Fatalistik.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:34 AM
  •  

Hello Fatalistik,

Were you able to resolve this issue with the VX 3000 webcam.  I am having the same problem my PC recognizes it when yusing a USB hub but it does not when I directly plug it into the PC.

Madduck1966

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:27 PM
  • Hi Madduck,

My only resolution is to keep the webcam plugged in via the usb hub. This seems to work all the time.

If I plug direct to pc again then the same problem keeps coming up. I guess I just have to keep using the hub if i want to use the webcam.

I'm glad to see the hub works for you too. It's a bit annoying having to use a hub just for one item, but at least it is consistently working, and that's more important to me.

I haven't been able to find any other fixes to this problem that keep it fixed, if you know what I mean.

Cheers.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 11:33 PM
  • I tried accessing some of the suggested downloads, but received message

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.
    See below for search results close to your request, or try a new search.

Now what? Are there anyother helpful downloads?

Thanks

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:51 PM
  • Meme problème ....

Sunday, September 05, 2010 1:02 PM
  • Ca marche pas ton liens ...

Sunday, September 05, 2010 1:06 PM
OneDrive Developer Center (redirect)

Looking for the Live SDK?

OneDrive logo

The Live SDK 5.6 is now available

Find it on the OneDrive Dev Center, the new place to find samples, documentation, and other resources for integrating OneDrive into your app.
Choose your download

If you're using previous versions of the Live SDK, the Live SDK 5.5 reference is still available.